Tree-mek in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You marketing those yet or just your services?
I designed the tree-mek, but, unfortunately, I didn't invent anything. Anybody can build one. Tiffin Loader Crane really worked hard for me to get it right. There are several being built as we speak at Tiffin right now.
I'm just glad the technology is available now so I can continue doing what I like without risk of personal injury and I can make great money as well.

Thing I see is; yes its nice but like all expensive equipment a climber can still compete price wise, so our jobs are safe lol. Just because that machine makes it easy does not mean its going to be cheaply done I wouldn't think!

You don't have to invent something to help market it... For example, if you took 1%-1.5% of the sale price (plus travel expenses) to help somebody get setup with one and train them how to use it that could make a worthwhile day's work.

You don't have to invent something to help market it... For example, if you took 1%-1.5% of the sale price (plus travel expenses) to help somebody get setup with one and train them how to use it that could make a worthwhile day's work.
Honestly, this thing makes so much money that there is no way anyone could afford to pay me to come out and use it unless it was somewhere warm in the winter. I might consider that.
It's hard to believe the amount of work it does. It's a crane, log loader, bucket truck if I need it to be. It takes limbs directly from tree top to chipper so no dragging. Hardly any clean up because the only area seeing any action is at the chipper. Extends your season because you can reach so far into a yard or over a house from a street or driveway to avoid wet yards. Hell, I don't even take my mini to work anymore. I don't need it unless I'm cleaning up stumps. I could go on and on about it.
Most importantly, it shows up for work everyday and no crew.

18" cutoff capacity won't remove a very big tree. Whatcha gonna do if you grab hold of a 20" branch over the house and then discover you can't quite cut it off? That would be a very bad time to discover that you had exceeded the cutoff capacity.

I was in a somewhat large pin oak today. There wasn't much wood smaller than 18" lower than 30' in the air. I think the climbers will still be needed.

I call bull on eliminating the mini and making money with only one man for assistance. Somebody has to get the larger chunks cut up and hauled out. I can see having a nice business doing hourly work for tree services willing to finish the job for you.

Its cool and all but i don't see our company replacing 40 climbers with one.
I
18" cutoff capacity won't remove a very big tree. Whatcha gonna do if you grab hold of a 20" branch over the house and then discover you can't quite cut it off? That would be a very bad time to discover that you had exceeded the cutoff capacity.

I was in a somewhat large pin oak today. There wasn't much wood smaller than 18" lower than 30' in the air. I think the climbers will still be needed.

I call bull on eliminating the mini and making money with only one man for assistance. Somebody has to get the larger chunks cut up and hauled out. I can see having a nice business doing hourly work for tree services willing to finish the job for you.
It's funny alot of guys just can't believe it and I was on the fence before I made the investment. I

Maybe I forgot to mention that another cool thing about a tree-mek is you can put a basket on it and you have a 100' working height with 85' sidereach. I'm no beginner at this. I created this thread to educate people about available technology. There is no bull. Ask the 5 guys that have come to watch and as a result have ordered their own. I'm generous with what I've learned. I am really making an effort to make the industry better. I want guys to see what is possible.
20141221_161147.jpg

I

It's funny alot of guys just can't believe it and I was on the fence before I made the investment. I

Maybe I forgot to mention that another cool thing about a tree-mek is you can put a basket on it and you have a 100' working height with 85' sidereach. I'm no beginner at this. I created this thread to educate people about available technology. There is no bull. Ask the 5 guys that have come to watch and as a result have ordered their own. I'm generous with what I've learned. I am really making an effort to make the industry better. I want guys to see what is possible.
View attachment 442386

It looks like a fantastic tool, and I wish I had one. I am just trying to point out that it isn't a complete solution to tree work.

You have mentioned several times how you only have one assistant and you don't come back at the end of the day all worn out. I believe that is strongly suggestive that you are not standing on spurs blocking down 4' diameter tree sections over the patio.

The use of a bucket is without value if it disables the crane at the same time. Prefer the crane? ...no bucket.

I have a question: does that crane come with a winch? So far, that hasn't gotten a mention.

With that basket you can give the kiddos rides too! Seriously that thing looks awesome. I would need all of the time saved to get over that music though……There's obviously no one tool for every job but the tree-mek looks pretty verstile...

Wow, I want one! I wonder how some of those ariel shots were taken waaaay above the work in that vid?

Tree-mek update: There are now 5 in operation, about 5 more this spring, and close to 10 on order being built. So, if you're in the market, you better get your order in before your competition comes rolling into town with one and shows you firsthand how great a machine it really is. (But, if you're one of those climbers that doesn't age, you don't have anything to worry about.) So far, states that have (or will have) one this year are: CO, MN, OH, PA, NY, NJ, LA, IN. By the end of the year, I'm pretty sure therell be 1 in MT, CT, and GA. Those are just the ones I know about. I may have forgotten a few, too. It's really gaining momentum.

Back