tree removal to the next level

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toxic2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys. My tree removal side jobs have got to the point where i am taking down more and more trees that i want to take from the top down due to proximity to house gardens..etc...I had one today where i was clamering around a big rock maple with my 201t tied to my waist with cheap nylon rope and i thought to myself enough is enough. I am very neverous of taking the plunge in buying climber gear but i dont thjnk i have much of a choice any more..can anyone point me to a fairly basic kit that will get me started? I also am in canada so i will probably pay through the nose.. also are in mjnd i have never climbed before but am starting to get some of the treminolgy done. I know for sure at the very least i need one maybe two whip lines a saddle a lanyard for the saw and some spurs..any help or input would be great. Thanks

Looks like i posted this in the wrong sections..could a mod please move it to the commercial tree removal/climber section. thanks

Thanks thats kinda what i was thinking too..I pass on all his kit for now. I think i will save up my pennies and buy new gear..

Honestly, thats your best option. New equipment that you learn the history of as you use it. You never know how it was used before you owned it. Unless you worked with the PO daily. Remember it is your life hanging in the balance.

Back