MS311 bolt-ons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkbr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a MS311 and a 024AV Super that I use for general tree removal and fire wood. 4-5 cords a year or so. I have noticed a few threads on here where people mention "I'd take a such and such saw with xxxxx over another any day" So, my question is what bolt-ons do you guys suggest as must haves for any saw? I'm running rim sprockets on both saws, but other than that, they're bone stock. I am capable of, but not interested in porting work or hp upgrades. I'm more interested in things like the rim sprocket upgrades I've already done.

Background - I am extremely mechanically inclined. I started my career as a research mechanic and work in engineering these days. I have extensive background working with everything from 2-stroke engines, diesel, gasoline, natural gas, and these days electrification of construction and mining equipment.

MS311 20" OEM bar - 3/8 .063
024AV Super 16" Forester bar - .325, 0.63

Thank you

I'm well aware of the obvious maintenance. I'm interested in the lesser talked about things like a rim sprocket for example. What are the little things?

Maintenance first. Maybe open up the muffler a bit. Wrong saw for much on the mod side.
Never ever downplay a sharp chain. I love taking a sharp small saw out a embarrassing an operator with a larger saw just because the don't know how to sharpen a chain.

Latest posts

Back