ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  2. To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

SOLD!!!! Trio of NIB Stihls - Shipping included in the prices.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by AlfA01, Feb 12, 2020.

1. toymaker

toymaker ArboristSite Lurker

Dan,

Sorry to hear it came to this.

Absolutely insane some asshat had to go crying to a manufacturer that you are bypassing the dealer MAP or selling online.

I do not know Stihl (or any other maker) rules for sales...but I do know other products and their online practices. Dealers tend to get pissy about online sellers perceived to be "under cutting" them. I get it from one standpoint...to sell Stihl you gotta buy x amount of product a year...and in turn they "promise" to helo protect your investment by keeping prices even across all vendors and not allowing internet sales with shipping (at least here in the US).

To the "dealers" who perceive you as a threat...I got news for them...NO ONE WAS BUYING FROM YOU FOR A REASON! And its not that some guy was peddling his wares on some internet forum for less and offering shipping. Its because said persons were shady as hell, pushing negativity and in general troublemakers. So you've managed to shut poor Dan down, congrats...who you gonna blame next week when your still selling NOTHING?!?

Like I said in an earlier thread...I am new here, but not to forums in general. I've been on the internet for a while (and no I am not someones forum ghost). The classifieds here are not headed in a positive direction in my opinion. I said it before - forum admins in similar situations in the past have had to resort to a "pay to post" model or "paid membership" with private sections. Both of these killed traffic..but improved quality. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Perhaps anyone wanting to sell "new" saws is best served working on a word of mouth basis...or doing what I know dealers in other business' needing to bypass MAP and online restrictions do and offering "demo" product. Whatever way it falls out - I know 2 things, A. No one wins in these online pissing matches and B. Next new saw I "need" is coming from Dan. Anyone who can upset these trolls as much as he has deserves my business.

2. cuinrearview

cuinrearview Red saw lover

Tor R, TLG, Duce and 3 others like this.
  3. Matt Schmitt

Matt Schmitt ArboristSite Operative

What a bunch of bs and ya there is a reason I don’t buy from my local dealer, they won’t deal at all on price. Kinda why I bought my first husky, and been declining the stihls since. One dealer will give me a little break but far from my home to make it worth it.

4. Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling Addicted to ArboristSite

WTF. That's a load of Bologna if I ever heard one. Sorry for the hassle Dan, and thanks for everything you do for us "forum guys". You're a great asset to the community.

Cat 525, AlfA01, LogSawyer74 and 7 others like this.
  5. cuinrearview

The thing is, Dan is out here saying exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it. Completely open and transparent. Anyone think there's a chance in hell the coward that ran to Stihl and lied to them will own up to it? Probably reading this right now. A coward and a liar...

shadco, Cat 525, AlfA01 and 11 others like this.
  6. Bostonstrongboy1965

Bostonstrongboy1965 Bostonstrongboy1965

I would stand up for Dan any time, any day. Have not met many who are as honest and straight shooting and gentlemanly to work with as him. "Everything comes around". I am confident this person will stub their toe soon enough, and the universe (or someone else) will pay them back and then some!

shadco, Cat 525, AlfA01 and 8 others like this.
  7. beaglebriar

beaglebriar ArboristSite Operative

What a buncha shít Danno. Fúckín douchebags!!

Cat 525, AlfA01, Tor R and 4 others like this.
  8. full chizel

full chizel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not just the bag...the while douche.

Cat 525, AlfA01, beaglebriar and 3 others like this.
  9. nch209

nch209 ArboristSite Member

Unreal. Simply Unreal. Pathetic looser whoever pulled this stunt....

As if it was not enough for Dan to go through the headache of dealing with all of the questions, and emails, and postings, and packing, and shipping... for this? He sent me a couple loops and the shipping was over half of what I paid for the darn chain in the first place. He was doing this to be nice. Now it is ruined. Good job to whoever.... but I BET THEY WILL NOT REVEAL THEMSELVES, or will they????

(email sent too, Dan.)

Cat 525, AlfA01, Logger nate and 4 others like this.
  10. Hdtoolmkr765

Hdtoolmkr765 Contra Hoarder

I’m sure a few of us can guess the likely culprit. If I need a saw in the future, I’ll PM Dan, I’ll buy from Dan, and will continue to support Dan. No coward hiding behind a changed screen name is going to stop me from supporting him, a lot of people appreciate what you do. Unfortunately there will always be chicken shitz that live in their parents basements that think the have to run and tattle if they don’t get their way.

siouxindian, Cat 525, AlfA01 and 3 others like this.
  11. CatMan Fetters

CatMan Fetters ArboristSite Member

Unfortunately there’s always someone that has to spoil it for the rest of us!

12. beaglebriar

beaglebriar ArboristSite Operative

What a buncha shít!! Dan @AlfA01 just wanted to say thanks again for that NOS 044 you picked up for me the other day. Helluva a deal on that saw buddy, looking forward to doing business with you again.

Cat 525, Duce, Hdtoolmkr765 and 2 others like this.
  13. hardhat

hardhat ArboristSite Operative

Dan, Thanks for the MS500i. Makes me smile every time I use it.
    What happens on arborist site stays on arborist site (for me anyways). I get in enough trouble as it is :)

Cat 525, farmer steve, Duce and 4 others like this.
  14. KiwiBro

KiwiBro Hold my beer and film this...

that sucks.

There's always at least one hall monitor, self-appointed sheriff with such a hollow life they have to snitch to make themselves feel powerful. That or it wasn't any member rather someone from Stihl USA reading the forum. We used to be able to buy Stihls from a UK company called honeyBros until some pathetic liitle foot soldier in the Stihl Army alerted his/her superiors and Stihl leaned on them to stop the online sales.

We have legislation in NZ that explicitly allows us to import genuine product, bypassing the authorised channel of whatever brands we are parallel importing. The govt here enacted the law to allow us consumers to keep the distributors, etc from price gouging. There was a store here that was parallel importing stihl saws but stihl's lawyers leaned on him and made it crystal clear that even though what he was doing was legal and encouraged by the law, they would bury him in legal fees if he carried on doing it - essentially checkbook justice - with Stihl's pockets being far deeper than his. So he stopped bringing the saws in.

15. cuinrearview

@CLASSIIILVR I see you were on overnight. Got anything to say?

16. Matt Schmitt

Matt Schmitt ArboristSite Operative

Why yes I’m a douche!! most likely what he’s thinking!

17. cuinrearview