• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold walkerized husqvarna 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
walkerized 385xp in good shape. only thing that was wrong was the upper dawg bolt was stripped. repaired solid and has west coast dawgs. fresh meteor piston. not really because it needed it. more because i had it so figured i may as well. squish was .024 IIRC but i can check again tomorrow. pics to come tomorrow. $600 shipped. very strong runner.

Here's the 385. It's not the prettiest saw but 100% nothing wrong with it. Bearings are tight and new piston. Fresh saw
Mechanically. Seeing scored 660's go for what they do I figure this is a $600 ported saw. I repaired the muffler. Someone had brazed the 2 openings closed for some reason. Cleaned it up and both ports are open along with the stock one. The stripped out upper dawg bolt is what it is. Solid repair though and will never be an issue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139263.092389.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139285.017000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139304.776817.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139333.374751.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139353.618395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139375.262388.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139401.025370.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139424.303937.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455139445.564471.jpg

Liking that saw! Is that a Husqvarna handle?? Looks like a different bend like a jonsered. Might just be the pic though?

Ugh, great price, great saw. Just bad timing or I would buy for milling. Just bought a new 555 (not for milling).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Liking that saw! Is that a Husqvarna handle?? Looks like a different bend like a jonsered. Might just be the pic though?

OEM husky handle sir, not bent at all. i agree with you, there's just something about a saw that looks like it was used for it's intended purpose lol. i never even used this one much. i use my 390's for work and they be way beat looking compared to this saw lol. no stickers left!

Looks like a decent saw. I wonder why someone would butcher up the muffler. Have to think on this one. I love the 385s

i just saw the other ad you were posting in. that saw makes me feel like i should be asking $200 more then i am lol this saw has absolutely nothing wrong with it. runs like a top and has a tilly 296 on it. the muffler isn't butchered. the muffler is done like all walkers saws are but for some reason someone had brazed the ports walkers added closed. they must have had to have a stock muffler working somewhere. anyways, it looked like **** and i wanted those ports open so i cut them off and made new deflectors for it. welded them on this time. the messyness is likely just left over braze from the cull who brazed the originals shut. fully functional modified triple port muffler with no leaks.

i will also note that there are 2 things done to this saw that i do with all my saws. the first is the main lead from the ignition module is new and has been heat shrinked where it can rub on the cylinder cover. this prevents the cover from rubbing through the plug wire as 90% of them do eventually. i also slip a piece of tygon over the throttle cable to protect it from the AV spring. the cables usually last the life of the saw anyways but with the tygon on there the cable lasts the life of the saw and can be used on another saw later as spare lol. just makes them last forever.

Yea Aarons saws are pretty rough. But I try to buy as many 385-390 saws as I can. But he is to high on both the saws. I had Mastermind build one of mine and then I bought one he had done up. What an animal. Reliable saw also. But you have a fair price on your saw so if you can sell it delivered for $600 I will take it. Let me know how to make out the check and where to send it. Thanks,Rick

Yea Aarons saws are pretty rough. But I try to buy as many 385-390 saws as I can. But he is to high on both the saws. I had Mastermind build one of mine and then I bought one he had done up. What an animal. Reliable saw also. But you have a fair price on your saw so if you can sell it delivered for $600 I will take it. Let me know how to make out the check and where to send it. Thanks,Rick

i'll send ya a PM

Back