"Water Oak" ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Neighbor had a very big tree blown over that he calls a "water oak" Never heard of this tree before, he wants me to cut it up for the wood, is this breed of tree a good burning wood?? Thanks for any / all replies. I have a Hyd. splitter so that would not be a problem splitting it.

Yep, that's what god put water oaks on this earth for, firewood and to fall on my daddy's fences and cow pens. Just last week, I spent a whole day with a water oak. It was at least 40 inches dbh cause I had to cut from both sides with a 36 in bar. I saved all the straight stuff from 30 in diameter all the way down 'til it got too limby. Didn't save the fence though, it fell accross 2 fences and a gate. I know I'm rambling, but I think the water oak splits easier than any other oak and it burns ok, so you're in business.

We had 35 mph wind gusts here yesterday evening by 9pm i had 2 calls to remove them from houses. Ice storms and wind arent good for water oaks but good for my economy!Plus it then freaks out the neighbors and they want theres removed as well. :)

Latest posts

Back