What's the biggest Homelite ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 8-29 was 129cc's that's the biggest I could find, they made a lot of 112cc saws over the years also.

There are a few big Homelites out there. I tend to like them.

Bill

I'm with you on this one Bill - the big Homelites are great old saws to get hold of for one's collection. I have just started pulling down an old 2000 in the hope of getting up and running again.

The 7-29 and 8-29 are really big old giants - would be nice to see one for real, let alone have one in my collection!

Regards,

Chris.

Don't get disappointed guys. Two years ago I saw an 8-29 sell on eBay. Be prepared to lay out some green because there are others out there who know what they are and are willing to pay. I think it sold for around $900.00.

Homelite was around before gasoline chainsaws and there are several models of saws out there that used a Homelite engine, the above model 23 could have been in that group. The old Lombard GS and Poulan 2400 used a very large Homelite 24x1 and 24x2 engine, though I am not sure of the displacement of either.

I have heard of other old saws using Homelite generators and pumps as well. I read in the "Chainsaw Bible" that the first one-man Lombard OMS made in 1949 used a Homelite 20X1 engine. Believe it or not, I bought a Homelite self priming generator pump at a garage sale for $5.00 this spring! This thing had to of been made late 40's - early 50's I'm assuming. Right after I read the section on Lombard, I couldn't believe that I have an arcaic motor that could be made for a chainsaw!!! Here's a few pics I just took of it to share with you all! Very neat and very fortunate! :) -Michelle

That's a really cool old piece of Homelite history. It's not a generator however, it's a water pump. That engine was used on generators as well however.

Latest posts

Back