wont rent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ok, i called up a rental center today to ask them about rental prices for a full size backhoe for a day. guy asked me what i needed it for. i told him i needed to pick up logs and load them into a dump truck. guy said he didnt want to rent the machine to me if that is what i was gonna use it for, what did he think the machine was made out of? glass, and you use it for moving feathers? i dont think so. you guys ever get rental places refusing service because of something like this?

I know that most crane rental companies here in Orlando won't do tree work. Only 2 that I know of will even talk to you about a tree job, and even then they gotta send out someone to look at the job after verifying insurance, licenses, etc.
As for rental companies, I found that an attitude of humility and asking for help works better than insistance that they give you what you want. Those guys spend a lot of money and time fixing stuff that has been abused by customers. It's not that they care what you use it for as much as it is the risk of damaging their equipment. They would just as soon you left the equipment out in the parking lot and never used it!

yes, but if you own a rental business the abuse to those machines is a part of the business. plus that is why, you break it you buy it. so i dont see why they wouldnt rent to me.

My JD 310C 4x4 gets used for everything, including lifting logs and uglies of all sorts. It handles more items of odd shapes than it does dirt. I am building a jib for it so I can reach to 20' and still be able to handle 1000 lbs at that height.

I think the rental company is worried about uneven loading on the front bucket that will tweak the two front lift arms out of parallel. (did that once to my last Case, definitely "operator abuse"). They will lift at least 4000 lbs in one shot, so just make sure that you have chunks smaller than that to plop into your truck.

(Walk in with your new 3120 and 72" bar over your shoulder, and tell him you just need it to pack around your new saw :D) Light duty work.:blob2:

Back