Wood quiz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are all his earlier and experimental knives. Nothing really special. His more recent stuff looks fantastic, but I couldn’t find any of those. He made a knife for a college friend who was into cooking, and currently has another one going, but right now he’s building a belt sander. That’s pretty roughly made, and his welding stinks (I taught him, which explains that!), but it should work great when finished. It’s a lot cheaper than buying one.

5164B310-520E-4466-8EBC-0F18B0D37249.jpeg A14F22B4-1BBB-4EC1-87F9-F25F0CD278EE.jpeg 5591141D-B1E1-4101-ADB2-2F362331798D.jpeg 3A12F2A5-F323-4810-941C-CD21393F77F0.jpeg 41BF7C07-DD15-4273-9641-2D18912F5629.jpeg 4162BE67-D86C-4A7D-A2B6-3B148BB25333.jpeg CD0365FB-79BB-4B68-902A-20775790DAA6.jpeg

Try Technu Extreme even after the the Poison Ivy is on you it seems to help with the itch. In fact it is the only thing I found that works.
I've found hot, as hot as you can stand, hot water directly on the rash. It opens the pores and gets the oil out. Only thing that works close is rubbing alcohol or the flammable brake cleaner. Both dry it out pretty fast

I've found hot, as hot as you can stand, hot water directly on the rash. It opens the pores and gets the oil out. Only thing that works close is rubbing alcohol or the flammable brake cleaner. Both dry it out pretty fast
Well scratching it off with a piece of concrete and Peroxide on it will stop the itch also but it leaves a hell of a mark if its a large area. Works well on small spots.

Those are some good looking knives.
Most would be good EDC work knives.

What is his "stock" material for the blades??

Thanks David

There is a more scientific reason the hot water works so well. It releases all of the histamine in your skin. The Histamine is what cases the itch. It takes your body about 8 hours to build the Histamine back up. So I take a hot shower just before I go to work, and another as soon as I get home, sometimes a third just before I go to bed. Virtually no itch, and I get it bad. I'll get blisters the size of golf balls.

I use the Hot Water on Poison Ivy as well. I really does take the Itch away.

Works on Chiggers also.

Thanks David

There is a more scientific reason the hot water works so well. It releases all of the histamine in your skin. The Histamine is what cases the itch. It takes your body about 8 hours to build the Histamine back up. So I take a hot shower just before I go to work, and another as soon as I get home, sometimes a third just before I go to bed. Virtually no itch, and I get it bad. I'll get blisters the size of golf balls.
huh, thanks for that description. I never knew that part of it but always wondered why it removed the itch so well. I usually get 8-10 hours of very low to no itch from it as well

Back