would YOU buy a 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTS_4X

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ive got my heart set on a 562xp, but with all the problems you see on AS, would you go out and buy a new one? is it just a case of people not bragging how great theirs has been but as soon as someone has a problem they post it? squeaky wheel syndrome? or is there really that much of a problem with this saw to take a pass and buy something else? please discuss.

-scott

I bought one over 4 years and would by another today if needed.

The problem saws talked about on AS are just a very small percentage of saws sold. Insignificant.

I bought a Husky 555AT last fall. I have cut approx. 8-10 cords of firewood and did a lot of ripping on the bigger pieces. The saw ran perfect.
I now wish I had bought the 562XP instead. The 555 has small falling dogs and now I need to take down about 30 trees.
My new rule is to buy the best saw in whatever size class it falls into. Lesson learned.

Get the 562.

I bought a Husky 555AT last fall. I have cut approx. 8-10 cords of firewood and did a lot of ripping on the bigger pieces. The saw ran perfect.
I now wish I had bought the 562XP instead. The 555 has small falling dogs and now I need to take down about 30 trees.
My new rule is to buy the best saw in whatever size class it falls into. Lesson learned.

Get the 562.

interesting. the only caveat to my purchase of a 562 was the 555, and how much real world difference there was. anything else besides the dogs that would steer you to the 562 if you had to do it again? thanks for the info.

-scott

i would buy another if i had a use for a 60cc saw. they are kinda useless for what i do though.

Insignificant.
Except for those with the problem saws, unless you consider them insignificant people? Don't get me wrong - perfection is impossible, there will always be issues, mechanical devices are going to fail at some point. But I just wanted to sound a note of caution about coming across as lacking empathy for those who have experienced issues simply because you and many others for that matter, may have not.

Bigger dogs and a full wrap handle are the two qualities the 555 is lacking. I had no plans on having to fall trees when I bought the saw. Things changed for me and my needs changed. Wish I had them now. I can use my 372 XPW, but the 555 is actually a better sized saw for the size of the trees.

Except for those with the problem saws, unless you consider them insignificant people? Don't get me wrong - perfection is impossible, there will always be issues, mechanical devices are going to fail at some point. But I just wanted to sound a note of caution about coming across as lacking empathy for those who have experienced issues simply because you and many others for that matter, may have not.
Dons 562 might have 3 tanks on it in 4 years. i would hope he hasn't had any issues with it :D

Bigger dogs and a full wrap handle are the two qualities the 555 is lacking. I had no plans on having to fall trees when I bought the saw. Things changed for me and my needs changed. Wish I had them now. I can use my 372 XPW, but the 555 is actually a better sized saw for the size of the trees.

the 562 wrap and dawgs bolt right on a 555.

No not the people. Only the numbers are insignificant by comparison.

If it was going to be my only saw, that I had to depend on, I would look at something else. While I really like my 562 so far, I'm not crazy about a few things, warm starts aren't as easy as they should be, it's really not that light and they're more problem free saws available.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back