would YOU buy a 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 555 takes a small mount bar, Oregon #K095. The 372 and 562 take a Oregon #D009 bar. I tried to put 372 dogs on the 555. They are different sized. The bar studs are spaced wider on the 372.
Don't know about the wrap from a 562 fitting the 555.
I feel that the 555 is a great firewood type saw. The 562 XP is what I would now buy since I have lots of trees that need to come down and would appreciate the bigger dogs and full wrap. A little extra power never hurts either....

There are no warm start problems with the newest model I just ran a few weeks ago.
Don't be fooled by specs and prices comparing the 562 to any other brands in the size range as there are no true comparisons. The 562 is in a class of its own.
Mine is a very new model. It's not that it won't start in 95° temps, it will stumble a few times then after 6-10 pulls it will fire up and run awesome. It's just how they run, too lean on the L probably.

Mine is a very new model. It's not that it won't start in 95° temps, it will stumble a few times then after 6-10 pulls it will fire up and run awesome. It's just how they run, too lean on the L probably.
I'm talking about one single pull. I tested that a couple times on a cooler day and then again on a 95° day in the sun.

I'm talking about one single pull. I tested that a couple times on a cooler day and then again on a 95° day in the sun.
One pull starts will happen if only a few minutes after shutdown, if you wait 20 minutes with the saw sitting in the sun, it's going to take a bit to get them going. I have not had this issue with any other saw I own including my 261. It's really only a nuisance, but it does exist.

I dont own and haven't used any of these saws but if it was my money I would buy the Dolmar 6100 or Echo 620pw with the five year warranty and save some cash. Do you only have a Husqvarna dealer thats good close to you? Depending on certain saws sometimes there is less expensive saws that are just as good as the two big names in chainsaws.

And the best response to the thread is I just bought one. 2014 with a 2015 carb on it. It is a great saw. Something Husqvarna should never have gotten rid of!

I have never had a starting problem with my 562 xp. Starts as well as any saw I have ever owned. Now my first 550 xp, that is a whole other story...

And the best response to the thread is I just bought one. 2014 with a 2015 carb on it. It is a great saw. Something Husqvarna should never have gotten rid of!
Have you modded it? I thought I read somewhere they need a custom opening in the airbox and a muff mod to run cooler.

The 555 takes a small mount bar, Oregon #K095. The 372 and 562 take a Oregon #D009 bar. I tried to put 372 dogs on the 555. They are different sized. The bar studs are spaced wider on the 372.
Don't know about the wrap from a 562 fitting the 555.
I feel that the 555 is a great firewood type saw. The 562 XP is what I would now buy since I have lots of trees that need to come down and would appreciate the bigger dogs and full wrap. A little extra power never hurts either....

try the 562 dual spikes. the outer mounts to the cover, not the bar studs. the wrap from a 562 fits.

One pull starts will happen if only a few minutes after shutdown, if you wait 20 minutes with the saw sitting in the sun, it's going to take a bit to get them going. I have not had this issue with any other saw I own including my 261. It's really only a nuisance, but it does exist.
I did the test both ways...immediately starting it and after at least 20 minutes cool down. I don't believe I went to pumping on the purge bulb either. The spark plug and decomp valve like to come loose on these things. That's something else to keep an eye on.

I appreciate your honesty Andre but holy cow...if I had to pull any saw 6-10 times after it's been running, I'd throw the damn thing in the floor of the dealer and tell them to shove it. I hate to keep sounding like the Echo cheerleader but I know the Echo's (in stock form) start with hardly a half pull after warm...same with the Dolmar's. It would be more than just an annoyance for me if I had to pull that many times to get it started. I already have high blood pressure...I don't need aggravation like that in my life.

I did the test both ways...immediately starting it and after at least 20 minutes cool down. I don't believe I went to pumping on the purge bulb either. The spark plug and decomp valve like to come loose on these things. That's something else to keep an eye on.
I'll keep an eye on both. I never really use decomp valves on saws that are smaller and stock. The saw really run's fantastic to be honest, just not quite as easy starting hot as it should be IMHO. We'll see how it goes the more I run it, with some more run time things may change.

I appreciate your honesty Andre but holy cow...if I had to pull any saw 6-10 times after it's been running, I'd throw the damn thing in the floor of the dealer and tell them to shove it. I hate to keep sounding like the Echo cheerleader but I know the Echo's (in stock form) start with hardly a half pull after warm...same with the Dolmar's. It would be more than just an annoyance for me if I had to pull that many times to get it started. I already have high blood pressure...I don't need aggravation like that in my life.

My dealer is awesome!!! if I actually thought the saw had a real issue, I have no doubt it would be taken care of right away. The last few times I primed the saw that seemed to help, still not quite like an old school half a pull and off you go, but acceptable. The saw really does rip and the rev-boost is a noticeable, nice feature.

With that said I just can't in good faith recommend the saw, especially if it's going to be your only saw, I just don't have full confidence in the model. If you have other saws I say give one a try you'll more than likely love the saw. I truly hope I don't step on anyone here, I'm in no way trying to down the 562xp, and I know much of the issues are likely the owners fault. Really I'm just trying to give my honest opinion. Nothing is perfect, the fuel line on my ps-421 fell off in the tank. Annoying yes, but a known issue on early models and a very simple fix.

Later

Andre.

I am on my second 562, traded the first for a "G".

With that said and a two friends that have them, (one has several) I have the following observation. When running correctly they are extremely smooth and power is very good for a 60cc saw. When the hot start issues and bog issues crop up, they are a POS. Both of mine had these issue but for a short time. My friends saws have similar issues on occasion too.

It's hard to say progress when the previous model, 357XP starts absolutely every time on first pull after initial cold start. Of course so do my 346's, 353, 372 and 288.

I can't say the 550XPG is anything to write home about either, it has exactly the same issues as the 562 except doesn't make impressive power.

I started being an auto tune fan but am not any longer.

Latest posts

Back