ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Yes, you can buy happiness

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by MNGuns, May 27, 2010.

1. Curlycherry1

Curlycherry1 Addicted to ArboristSite

That is the exact same way I attach crotches when hand splitting. A SS works just the same as hand splitting, it is just that the operator does not get tired as quickly, and the wood piles up faster.

2. needwood

needwood ArboristSite Operative

Wow

That is nice. If i had the money i would get one" Think i would keep the old Husky around to split the big rounds in the vertical position though.

3. Junkfxr

Junkfxr ArboristSite Operative

MNGuns, have you put any 24"-36" rounds across it yet? How's it do on the bigger stuff like that? How tall is the wedge?

4. MNGuns

MNGuns Cut, Split, Repeat....

Biggest I have done on mine is 24". Any bigger I will noodle it first so as to save my back. Splits the 24's just fine, no slower pushing it through the wedge than a 6" piece. Depending on the wood you may have to split the bottom half of the round, then flip it over and split it again to get the 24 into halves, after that watch out....:)

I believe the wedge is perhaps six to eight inches tall. It appears smaller than what most are used to seeing, but works very well as is.

5. giXXer

giXXer ArboristSite Operative

Very nice purchase...I am certainly jealous! I have been looking in Michigan for a used one for two years and you never see them for sale. I have wanted one for a long enough period of time now that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy new. How was the company to deal with? The only complaint that I have EVER heard about Super Split was if they didn't think you were a good fit for a SS they would tell you to not buy their product. I think it's somewhat humorous and at the very least, honest!

6. MNGuns

Paul is great to deal with. Straight shooter by all means. He won't try to up sale you into the a HD or LE model, but rather find the right SS for you. I would by another from Paul in a second, if the Mrs. never knew about it.... ;)

7. epicklein22

epicklein22 One tree at a time

I have a little over 2 tanks through mine so far, some where around 7 cords. I haven't taken it easily on the machine at all. Yesterday my buddy and I spent ~4 hours working pretty much all big logs (I work for a tree company with a crane, so we bring back some monster stuff). The SS earned its keep. While there are a few draw backs, you can work around them for the most part. I did get a few wood slivers caught under ram, so I had to stop and loosen the bolts to get it out.

I will snag a few pics next time I'm out. I still haven't put it up to my conveyors yet.

8. MNGuns

I've done the sliver under the deck as well. Easy fix once you know what you've done. I try to keep the deck as clean as possible, and everything runs smoothly.

9. Marshy

Marshy 285 Killa

Gentlemen, I've uploaded the Super Splitter into the product review section of the site. It just contains the product information. I also used @MNGuns photo from his original post (thanks!). If you have a minute please feel free to give it a 1-5 star review (don't just make a comment, use the star rating) and add your own pictures if you like. Thanks!

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/showcase/super-split-splitters.26/