Stihl price guide 2006

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
As of Jan 19th 2006 stihl price guide i found.

stihl 2006 pricelist

You need the free adobe reader download to open and see. MSRP I think.

Last edited:
Now you just need to send a copy to all those folks that bid for saw on E-Bay so they stop paying crazy prices.

:greenchainsaw:

Interesting... Prices vary a little all over the product range from the NW prices.... $10 - $30 per unit for the typical purchases... typically higher out east but a few gems lower. No idea why...

Gee, I wish I could buy saws at those prices. Over here (taking into account exchange rate differences) prices are 35-65% dearer.

That sucks.

sawn_penn said:
Gee, I wish I could buy saws at those prices. Over here (taking into account exchange rate differences) prices are 35-65% dearer.

That sucks.

Freight has to be worth something to the bottom end of the planet. :)

What's your GST (or equiv.) and import duties?

Lakeside53 said:
Freight has to be worth something to the bottom end of the planet. :)

What's your GST (or equiv.) and import duties?

Might be cheaper to ship the trees to the US and cut them down there... :mad:

GST = 10%, Customs Duty = 5% (?) I'm sure there are taxes payable in the US. Are they normally added on to the advertised price? (I've been to the states a few times, but I've been so many places who can remember this stuff?)

sawn_penn said:
I'm sure there are taxes payable in the US. Are they normally added on to the advertised price? (I've been to the states a few times, but I've been so many places who can remember this stuff?)
Yes. Prices advertised would be before taxes here.

In the US, the taxes would be entirely a state and local (city/county) thing. Most states have sales taxes. For me, it would be the 6.5% state sales tax on something like a chain saw.

The US Federal government concerns itself with income taxes (as do many states as well) and import tarriffs, but there is no nationwide sales tax (or VAT or GST).

Those prices are MSRP correct? I know we are paying ALOT less for the saws here in north central PA. An example is the MS460 with a 24" bar is going for about $689 plus tax which puts it at about $730.

Ray

Thanks

Thanks to whoever fixed the link for me. Had trouble posting the 2005 list link last year too. :clap:

Back