cylinder & piston set for Husqvarna 394xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CYLINDER-PISTON-FOR-HUSQVARNA-395XP-CHAINSAW_W0QQitemZ33010100695

I'm aware of the extra parts so I think I'll get it apart and see if the cylinder is usable, it probably is, the saw just started giving the problems I spoke of in my previous post.

thanks for all the input on this subject, it has been very helpful...

that may be a error in the listing, if I go that route I'll be sure and ask before I buy, thanks for bringing that up.

This is a CYLINDER & PISTON FOR HUSQVARNA 395XP CHAINSAW

http://cgi.ebay.com/CYLINDER-PISTON...hZ014QQcategoryZ79666QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

REPLACES OEM# 506 15 55 - 06

This is a CYLINDER & PISTON FOR HUSQVARNA 395XP CHAINSAW

http://cgi.ebay.com/CYLINDER-PISTON...hZ014QQcategoryZ79666QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

REPLACES OEM# 506 15 55 - 06
please point out what you are using too determine that it is for a Jonsered 2094/2095, is it the picture or the part number, people make mistakes on ebay all the time and I'm sure if it is brought too the sellers attention he'll fix it, so, please tell me and I'll bring it to the sellers attention.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention....

Cylinders in the Husqvarna 61-272 family are interchangeable with the Jonsered 625-670.. but I do not know if the Jonsered 2094/2095 are interchangeable with the 394/395

Last edited:
anybody know of a place on-line that has a reasonably priced aftermarket cylinder, piston & rings in standard size for a Husky 394xp?

thanks

Try Baileys they hava webstie http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/subcat?area_id=10016

That link will take you tosome pistomn ansdcylanders .
In thier catalog they havea whole list of kits one is fora 394 anothera 395 . yopucannot easily put a 395 cylnder and piston inot a 394 they have slightly diferent parts yopu would have to order it could be possible but your beat bet is to just geta 394 kit and the gaskets so you haveall new parts . and eitheredo the rpeair ypur self or bring it toa goodshop and do it . i will porbably buy a 394 kit fro my 394 saving me a whole ;lot of money ifI need a new saw
You can look on Ebay forsome things be very careful though. Ioccasionaly sellsaws on ebay i finda few or the guy who owns the shop will even give me a saw to fix if it isworth doing and I sell it . I have not come across a big saw latlely the bigest saw I sold was a Stihl O66 a while back .

Your best bet is a online plce suchas bailies ypou know where ypu fot thepart saw ect andwhop call or ask forwhen something is not right .
good luck
:givebeer:

Husqvarna 394/395 = Jonsered 2094/2095 ???

please point out what you are using too determine that it is for a , is it the picture or the part number, people make mistakes on ebay all the time and I'm sure if it is brought too the sellers attention he'll fix it, so, please tell me and I'll bring it to the sellers attention.

The Husqvarna 394/395 and the Jonsered 2094/2095, all have 56mm cylinders and a 38mm stroke. So I am not convinced that they are not interchangeable.

The Husqvarna 394/395 and the Jonsered 2094/2095, all have 56mm cylinders and a 38mm stroke. So I am not convinced that they are not interchangeable.

The problem is not the size or stroke but in other parts that conect to the cylinder It is difficult ot even put a Husky 395 cylnder into a 394 . They have slighly different parts andcontect to the rest of the saw differently .

It can be done but ypu would go through more trouble than it is worth when you can just buy the right parts .

I have no idea if the cylnder on ebay is for a Jonsered or Husky theyare both made by Husqvarna.
I would not buy it unlessi could retrunit if it was not the right part . use the wrong part and youcan really mess up a saw .
I would just use a OEM or new high quality aftermarket part .

Rftreeman said:
please point out what you are using too determine that it is for a Jonsered 2094/2095, is it the picture or the part number, people make mistakes on ebay all the time and I'm sure if it is brought too the sellers attention he'll fix it, so, please tell me and I'll bring it to the sellers attention.

My first clue is the part number, which is the Jonsered part number. The Husky part number for a 395 Top end is 503 99 39-71. My second clue was to look at the seller's other auctions. He's also advertising this same top end with the same part number as being for the Jonsered 2094/2095. Sadly, these two models are not exactly interchangeable with the 394/395, like Mtnman4ever said. The 395 also has different porting than the 394, so if you were to outfit a 395 with this cylinder and piston kit from a Jonsered 2094/2095, you would slightly lower your overall power output. Also, the 394 does NOT have an external pulse hose. it routes the impulse through the intake block. The 2094/2095 also does not have the slotted exhaust mounts, they're threaded. So you would have to change how you mount your 394/395 muffler.

Last edited:
The problem is not the size or stroke but in other parts that conect to the cylinder It is difficult ot even put a Husky 395 cylnder into a 394 . They have slighly different parts andcontect to the rest of the saw differently .

It can be done but ypu would go through more trouble than it is worth when you can just buy the right parts .

I have no idea if the cylnder on ebay is for a Jonsered or Husky theyare both made by Husqvarna.
I would not buy it unlessi could retrunit if it was not the right part . use the wrong part and youcan really mess up a saw .
I would just use a OEM or new high quality aftermarket part .

Hey Mtnman4ever...would the parts needed be mainly between the cylinder and the carb (intake boot, clamp, collar, and flange)?.....or some other parts?
Thanks

You'd need intake boot (503 96 97-01), clamp (503 56 00-06), intake collar (503 96 94-01), flange (503 97 39-01), pulse hose, and the extrenal pulse cover for your carburetor (537 04 13-01). Also, you would have to cut material away in the heat shield of your 394 top cover to fit the wider, taller 395 intake flange.

My first clue is the part number, which is the Jonsered part number. The Husky part number for a 395 Top end is 503 99 39-71. My second clue was to look at the seller's other auctions. He's also advertising this same top end with the same part number as being for the Jonsered 2094/2095.
so it's safe too say that he has made a mistake, I will bring it to his attention then so there is no more confusion.

here's what the guy said I would need for it too work on my 394: Carb Boot, 2 Clamps, A bracket, Air intake elbow and a a couple bolts.

Last edited:
so it's safe too say that he has made a mistake, I will bring it to his attention then so there is no more confusion.

here's what the guy said I would need for it too work on my 394: Carb Boot, 2 Clamps, A bracket, Air intake elbow and a a couple bolts.

..here's something I found doing a search for 394/395....

OUOTE..kdhotsaw2
394/395 huskys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
The difference between the 394 and the 395 is that they used the 394 crankcase and installed a new 395 barrel with quad loops on the transfers instead of a single loop transfer port like the 394. the quad loops dont extend down into the case like the 372/385 husky barrels so you have to do a considerable amt. of porting at the bottom of the 395 barrel and a lot of crankcase/ barrel matching to make more power

--------------------------------------------------------
This sounds like a considerable amount of work.....

I am very interested in this thread..Because I have a 394 sitting in my garage that I need to get into...

Last edited:
394/395/2094/2095

Here is what the ebay seller of the cylinder kits had to say;

"To fit the Husky 394 xp it requires an additional parts , carb boot, clamps, bracket, air filter elbow and bolts. About $80.oo OEM parts. Jonsered 2094 & 2095 and Husky 395 are the same, no additional parts needed. R & W Supply Source"

Essentially he's correct except for: 1.- Exhaust mounts for 2094/2095 are different than the 395. So you'd have to come up with hardware long enough to mount your 395 muffler to the 2094/2095 cylinder. The 2094/2095 muffler is much narrower so hardware for the Jonsered muffler would not work with the Husqvarna muffler. 2.- The porting and port timing is still different between the 395 and 2094/2095. You wouldn't have the quad transfers of the 395 with the 2094/2095 cylinder and the port timing of the Jonsered cylinder is lower than the Husky resulting in a saw that develops its peak power and torque bands at a lower rpm (which I suppose is user preference). You'd also still have to modify your 394 top cover to accept the larger intake flange of either the 395 or the 2094/2095 set-up.

If it were me and I was going to go to all that work, I'd spend a few more bucks (about $35 more) and get the OEM 395 piston and cylinder from Bailey's and go that route. I mean, if you're going to do all that work, why not get the small amount of additional power in the 395 top end? Plus have OEM Mahle parts instead of Taiwanese aftermarket?

Last edited:
Essentially he's correct except for: 1.- Exhaust mounts for 2094/2095 are different than the 395. So you'd have to come up with hardware long enough to mount your 395 muffler to the 2094/2095 cylinder. The 2094/2095 muffler is much narrower so hardware for the Jonsered muffler would not work with the Husqvarna muffler. 2.- The porting and port timing is still different between the 395 and 2094/2095. You wouldn't have the quad transfers of the 395 with the 2094/2095 cylinder and the port timing of the Jonsered cylinder is lower than the Husky resulting in a saw that develops its peak power and torque bands at a lower rpm (which I suppose is user preference). You'd also still have to modify your 394 top cover to accept the larger intake flange of either the 395 or the 2094/2095 set-up.

If it were me and I was going to go to all that work, I'd spend a few more bucks (about $35 more) and get the OEM 395 piston and cylinder from Bailey's and go that route. I mean, if you're going to do all that work, why not get the small amount of additional power in the 395 top end? Plus have OEM Mahle parts instead of Taiwanese aftermarket?

When you say "Exhaust mounts" and "hardware'..... those are bolts ...right?

Yes. The 394 and 395 use a square head 6mm bolt that's about 4.5 inches long. The square head fits into slotted recesses on either side of the exhaust port. The 2094/2095 just uses threaded 6mm fasteners since that muffler is narrower than the Husky muffler.

Bailey's is the way to go

Thanks, for all the information....if someone needs the cylinder kit...I am sure ..Bailey's is the way to go

I found a 394xp under the work bench of a buddy of mine, made a quick trade, and ended up with a 394xp with a trashed cylinder, the piston was and is still good, but the left hand side of the exhaust was pretty much ripped off, after a cylinder search I actually talked to a weilder about repairing the cylinder, the $350.00 tag for a new 394 cylinder was taking the shine off what I thought was a good deaI got lucky and found a 394 cylinder that was ported, and no one wanted anything to do with it. The guy only wanted about $70.00 for it, so I took the gamble and got really lucky. This thing screams!
still I would like to be able to use a 395 cylinder, it would be a damn site cheaper, even if it requires a little modification of the covers, last I checked you could get a good p&c kit for a 395 from baileys for about 120.00, and a 394 p&c kit was easily twice that. It would be cheaper to buy the extra parts, to allow the use of a 395 cylinder, I know this conversion has been done, I just can't seem to get a line on who, or how it was done. My biggest concern was the impulse hose, how do you adapt it, the impulse port is in the cylinder, and intake manifold on the 394, anybody out there with a idea?:confused2:

Latest posts

Back