Stihl 2005 price list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Just thought this might be useful for someone to get the idea on prices. You must have acrobat reader to read the pdf on the next post for link.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Now I don't have to call the dealer every time I need a price.

They seem to match up well with Husky list price per list for similar level saws....but then there is the online "Discount House" factor. For example:

Stihl MS260 Pro $469--------Husky 346XP $360
Stihl MS361 $549--------Husky 357XP $485
Stihl MS390 $429--------Husky 365 $468 ***Consumer saws favor Stihl
Stihl MS440 $669--------Husky 372XP $560

**Prices pulled from a website on line & this price sheet.**

Most can only be loyal for so much. The internet is the great information equalizer. Until Stihl (And Echo) allows interenet site to post their prices and compete as Husky dealers can....they have to feel it over time.

I have to wonder how Dolmar & Solo stack up???? How about Redmax? I can tell you Echo matches Husky discount prices for similar class saws right at my local dealer..and you get the service implied as well. I have to wonder if that is true nation wide. I can buy a Echo CS-670 at my local dealer for around $ 460(plus/minus a few bucks) plus tax..and thats about what a Husky 365 would sell for on discount web sites without "drive to" service. Sooner or later that has to get out in the information channels...they make good stuff. The dollar -Euro thing has to hurt all the European saw builders as compared to the Asian ones here in the USA

Last edited:
Weimedog, not so sure about that, in this area hysky keep changing their dealers every year to 2 years. These guys don't know anything about their saws and products, they learn from their customers. regular saw users realize this and don't bother doing business with these guys, so after a year or 2 they loose the line and it starts over again with some other shop again. To the contrary the Stihl dealers have carried the line some for 20 years perhaps more and they are really knowledgeable about their products, have the parts and super service. So you give them your business because of it. Quality dealer support many times is just as important if not more important as the brand itself.

Sure about what?

Our local husqvarna dealer has carried the line along with Stihl for years and years. Before that they had Homelite & McCulloch. They have added Echo to the long list recently. Husqvarna is the prefered saw in these parts..also the Husqvarna dealer to the south about 20 minutes has a history about as long..and then there is Commercial Cutters.....to the north....just shows that from area to area things can be different.

Stihl has a strong following as well..as they should and also have good dealer support.

Bottom line is both saws here have good dealer support. We also have a Solo dealer within driving distance and he's excellent. Now Echo is local in established dealers...so now its price and personal preference as to what you buy. Our local Husqvarna guy will service ANY Husqvarna..I know as mine came from colorado. He still has no problem helping out..I had some "tuning" questions when I first got it.

Having said all that a simple search can verify the Husqvarna price points I have found and now we have the Stihl list to compare with. Real time. Good stuff.

Last edited:
dealer

That seems to be the equalizer. Here, Husky dealer support is not good. That is whay they come here. Stihl support is excellent. Plus I do a lot of business after 5 PM.

ontario026 said:
Just curious, in general how much room is there to negotiate on a new Stihl saw vs the supplied MSRP???

Not much...they are very stringent about their pricing

I bought my 361 after the '05 price increase, and they gave it to me for last year's price, as they quoted it to me for that back in December. I've never asked for a better price, or what's the best they could do for me, (there's a thread about that on here somewhere), as they take care of me in other ways. If I need a couple of screws, or side plates for my 056, they just give them to me. I bought set of aftermarket dogs for my 460, and they gave me those at a discount. Stuff like that. Suits me fine.

Jeff

I bought a new MS361 last month for $539 with a 24" bar, 2 RS chains and the standard small stuff. After calling around to 5 or 6 different dealers in the area I got 5 or 6 different prices with one shop being lower than what I paid but further away. So there does seem to be some leway.

Last edited:
ontario026 said:
Just curious, in general how much room is there to negotiate on a new Stihl saw vs the supplied MSRP???

My dealer always stays within $10-20 of the MSRP, but he is more willing to throw in some goodies like extra chains, etc. I assume that allows him to keep the invoice at the MSRP but still give good customers a break.

ontario026 said:
Has anyone bought a new saw recently and had them move on the price??

Well yes and no. I was trying to put together a 5 saw package. The local Stihl dealers were straight across the board. A Stihl dealer a little ways away gave me a very good price % discount based on quanity. I will say though a single purchase of a MS200t at $425 is VERY good.

Bill

I shopped for a MS440 last week.. two dealers only carried the smaller "weenie saws" and the one who did have a 440 wanted $699. No, I don't buy 5 news saws annually, but I sure can't stand the silly games of list PLUS pricing. My Dad sold Stihl saws in his shop back in '62, he sure can't understand how these dealers can charge MORE than MSRP. :dizzy:

Back