• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 500i and 880 For Sale Alert.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Listed on Waterloo Iowa Craigslist on 10/30. Looks legit. Thought someone might be interested. The price of $750 on the 500i looks very reasonable..

I think it is funny the guy puts (Waterloo ai) in the total. I am sure no grammar master but I at least get the damn sate right.............Iowa is IA. It does now seem to be a scam . Waterloo is about 3 hrs from me so checking it out would have been doable but in the last two days I bought close to 40 more saws so I should probably not buy any for a week or ten...........

Not to defend the poster, however IA is often auto corrected to ai. Just typing this I had to re-correct my phones auto correct. Most people don't proof read, and even though I try to glance over what I've typed, I miss plenty. That and I have fat fingers.

I text about it, he responded quickly and gave a quote to ship. He text me a few more times and the last one said saws are sold so it may have been legit. I just wanted to try and see if it was a scam but he responded quickly and wasn’t pushy at all.

I text about it, he responded quickly and gave a quote to ship. He text me a few more times and the last one said saws are sold so it may have been legit. I just wanted to try and see if it was a scam but he responded quickly and wasn’t pushy at all.
Best is to talk on the phone, then you can get a much better idea.

For sure, I didn’t really need either saw but wanted to inquire and it seemed legit. I’m working nights and never responded because I was asleep when he sent the few text. It still could have been but I didn’t get that far into it as in payment and what not.

Back