OMG what have I done!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moabmad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It's true, I am an idiot. :buttkick: As noted on a previous post, I purchased the following saw (not running) cleaned the carb and made some fuel mixture adjustements and it ran pretty darn good.

View attachment 58092
View attachment 58093

As always, I decided to make a good thing a whole lot better and perform a ground up restoration. Again... :buttkick:

Look at what I have done, and surprisingly it only took 45 minutes!

View attachment 58094
View attachment 58095

As I said, what an idiot. Wont need that bottle of chain lube for a while:cry:

Well, you started it, you gotta finish it now !!!

you just need probably a trip to a dealer for seals, parts, etc. and invest i a few days work. You will love the saw afterwards....:chainsaw:

OMG what have I done!

It would appear that you've taken your saw apart :buttkick:

Now go put it back together while you still remember how. :laugh:

:jester: j/k Good luck w/the project

(a woman’s voice from overhead)
Please make sure the lap bar is secured and keep your hands inside the car at all times until the ride comes to a complete stop, thank you and enjoy the ride.

Maam, I have some bad news for you. He will never be the same.
He will spend hours and hours at his bench with a glazed look.
If you don't disturb him he will be fine.
And when he needs money by all means give it to him!!!
:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

I did the exact same thing with what looks like the exact same saw. The toughest part i found was making sure the two halves of the piston rod needle bearing (one that is actually on the crank shaft ) line-up properly. Good luck mine took a full day to get together and now runs great.

Ah so,but that one whatever it is,has a removable head.

With a little creativity you can turn that one into a runner,in spite of what anybody tells you.

I did the exact same thing with what looks like the exact same saw. The toughest part i found was making sure the two halves of the piston rod needle bearing (one that is actually on the crank shaft ) line-up properly. Good luck mine took a full day to get together and now runs great.

I've never seen that before, typically needle bearings have a cage.... To reassemble however, I was just going to use some grease to hold them in place long enough to reinstall the cap.... sounds easy right.... hopefully.

She'll run when I get through with her. whenever that might be.... :dizzy:

I think you might want to check the wording of that statement regarding the connecting rod.

Most reed valve Macs have the rod ends marked .The later ones used a pressure cracked rod [sp 125] that can only fit one way.This by the way is the method used on modern auto engines,developed by McCulloch in the 70's.

Now if you were refering to the piston end of the rod,there were several bearing configurations depending on the model in question.

I might add that a reed valve McCulloch is one of the easiest saws ever made to work on.

Latest posts

Back