Stihl rollomatic ES narrow or wide tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bored. thumbin through the stihl accessories catalog (wish book)and read the rollomatic ES bar is available in wide and narrow nose bars. Is there a specific use for either ? felling, bucking,hardwood ,softwood. just curious

A wider nose will have higher tendency to kick back. I have both in 25" and really can't tell the difference. I think the older ones are wider than newer ES bar.

About $17. But.. you have to match the correct tip to the bar - no changing narrow for wide etc...

Last edited:
About $17. Biut.. you have to match the correct tip to the bar - no changing narrow for wide etc...

That's for sure. Old vs new below, no idea about wide vs narrow tips today. Seems the wide ones would work better if one had a basic idea on kickback avoidance.....
attachment.php

That's a new narrow...

The 3/8 ES are made in both 11 tooth (narrow) and 13 tooth (wide) both types "yellow". Most dealers don't even know...

We only stock the wide above 25 inch.

I would think so ,,, the Pro lite 15" and the Power match 15" differ about 10mm and they got different wideness of of the tip.

?????

That's a new narrow...

The 3/8 ES are made in both 11 tooth (narrow) and 13 tooth (wide) both types "yellow". Most dealers don't even know...

We only stock the wide above 25 inch.

A new narrow? That is an old 36" Rollomatic 6 bar with the old orange writing on it. It's the one that needs a tip. I thought it was the same tip as on the 41" bar on the 084 monstersaw. You definitely know better 'n me, though. So is it the same tip as the new narrow?

OH, MY BAD. I JUST FIGGERED OUT THAT YOU WERE REFERRING TO THE NEWER BAR IN THE PIC... D-OHHH.

Last edited:
Some bars can go from wide to narrow. When you first get there, the girls are a little wide, but when they are about to close, they look thinner.:)

Back