My new helper in the Western NC mountains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC4TN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had been drooling for some time over that big seasoned-on-the-stump dead locust on the farm. So, since my son had basketball practice last week, I recruited my daughter, who's 15, to be my helper. We snaked out 18 big dead locusts and pulled them into the log yard to get bucked up. And talk about a helper; she did a better job choking than most men twice her age, and not a bad job with the PS-5100! Needless to say, Dad's awfully proud of her! And what an absolutely beautiful day to be in the mountains!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here's proud ole' Dad with a few of the locusts.

attachment.php

wow thats something you dont see everday -kids getting off the phone and wanting to help their parents !

the few,
the proud,
the parents of good children!

cherish that girl. there aren't many kids (let alone daughters) that would be willing to help dad cut firewood all day long!

Now you have inspired me to let my 20 year old daughter use one of my bigger saws. She sometimes comes out into the forest with me to get wood but I worry that she might get hurt using my bigger saws so I never let her use anything bigger than my MS180 to do all the small stuff.
Thats great to see her out there helping you & as a dad I know how good it is to do things together like that.

I hope that my daughter winds up that good when she gets to that age, she told my wife that "daddy split wood" she is three, and is willing to help stack wood, clean stalls, wash trucks, garden, whatever she can do to help us, I only hope that she stays that way.

you must have done something right, can you share your secret with the rest of us?

Glad to see your proud of her. She is doing great. The only thing that may have made her smile more, would have been a Stihl!!!

Great post!!!!!

Always glad to see Americas future at work and enjoying it.

Kevin

its hard to believe , seeing a girl out in the woods cutting woods all day with there dad and still have a smile on here face, I would be very proud of her. That is awsome. Lost mine to cellphone and computer, I had her out early when she was a baby but she got her moms ways,,, Frame that pic and what i like is the smile, mine wouldve had a frown

Nice pictures, and congratulations on raising your daughter well.

What size is the Ford? I envy you guys with the MFWD tractors once in a while.

Looks pretty green down there yet. Our fall colors up here are less than spectacular this year due to a dry summer and high winds/rain lately. The early turning trees have already dropped most of their leaves, and the later ones are still green.

Glad to see your proud of her. She is doing great. The only thing that may have made her smile more, would have been a Stihl!!!

Great post!!!!!

Always glad to see Americas future at work and enjoying it.

Kevin

Kevin.....she has now laid claim to the MS260 PRO (loves the compression release), said; "thats MY saw Dad"!

Steve NW MI: It's a '96 3930, 45 Hp(no turbo), with wheels dished out about 8 inches from normal, and low profile tires. 98 percent of our farm land is on an average 18 percent slope, so while I don't advocate anybody using a tractor on anything but flat ground, sometimes it's a necessary evil.

Mike in TN

Latest posts

Back