My arboristsite introduction!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend makes me clear all hobbies with her before I start them at this point. I have thousands of dollars of music equipment, pots and pans, chef knives, grills, airsoft guns, and now, as a new homeowner, I own a chainsaw.

I grew up going to the pocono mountains every summer since I was 5, cutting down as many dead trees as I could with a bow saw, and splitting them all into firewood I would never burn, until I was 18. Now im an adult, and I feel like i have the income and the time to go back to an old hobby: Cutting wood.

My dad still owns the echo equipment I used to do the yard with 15 years ago, so it was an easy choice when it was time to purchase my own power equipment. While i was snagging a honda mower, echo trimmer, edger and blower, the chainsaw was too tempting to pass up. Im a man. I deserve a chainsaw. I had a dead tree in my yard when I moved in, so that was a perfect excuse to clear the chainsaw with the girlfriend. I am the proud owner of an echo cs310.

Since then, Ive found this site, and realized the folly of my ways, purchasing from a big box store.

I would love to start cutting again. Living in florida I am not exactly sure where to begin. I would love to do it recreationally, as I have no real need for firewood for anything other than a small firepit.

So, heres to a new, old hobby. I am sure I will own far too many chainsaws then i will know what to do with. My next saw will surely be from a dealer and I look forward to finding places to cut.

Thanks!

Rule # 1 here is: If wife or girlfriend is mentioned in the first sentence of a thread, the O.P. {you} needs to put up a pic of said wife or girlfriend!!!!

What fun would it be to do something rational?

I would love to feel like I am cutting a tree with a dirtbike.

I like this guy.

Here's your picture my friend. Welcome to our world.

287725d1364751352-20130331_102248-jpg

I think it would be great to get the girlfriend into the hobby.....however, do not waste resources on buying her a saw. You will need those $ for your own addiction. Instead get her a maul. Let her split and load the wood. It will lead to quality time together:dunno:

Echo arent terrible saws i guess... ran a couple and they arent bad saws by anymeans but I perfer Stihl or Dolmar though.
Check out the Dolmar their pro saws for a homeowner price and it WONT leave you wanting.
Here- DOLMAR - Find DOLMAR or Distribution Partners

Oh and BTW I am a fan of Airsoft also... only problem is i need more stuff :msp_thumbup:

Jig, I replied to your post in Firewood.

In that one it wasn't clear you have a saw already, but anyway, you are welcome to come out to my place and get what you want.

We Floridiots have it rough, not really cold enough for firewood, and hot enough to make the disorder act up often.

I've got nine Creamsickles and need at least nine more. I have a Husky and two Echo's as well.

I am going to be down at Rancho Varano this weekend, you are welcome to come over and get whatever you want- see firewood post.

I've been working since Thanksgiving on a small beach house I am going to sell, and haven't gotten down to the Woodsmoke Lounge at all, but I have told the crew already I was going to leave them working at least one day this weekend, so I could give my saws some exercise.

Right now is PRIME Oak Hill Oyster season, so if your girlie likes them, we can get a bushel and steam them for lunch-ish. I have a cabin down there, and a two story outhouse with a real flushing toilet, in case she's more delicately inclined....

View attachment 287866View attachment 287867View attachment 287868View attachment 287869View attachment 287870

Jig, I replied to your post in Firewood.

In that one it wasn't clear you have a saw already, but anyway, you are welcome to come out to my place and get what you want.

We Floridiots have it rough, not really cold enough for firewood, and hot enough to make the disorder act up often.

I've got nine Creamsickles and need at least nine more. I have a Husky and two Echo's as well.

I am going to be down at Rancho Varano this weekend, you are welcome to come over and get whatever you want- see firewood post.

I've been working since Thanksgiving on a small beach house I am going to sell, and haven't gotten down to the Woodsmoke Lounge at all, but I have told the crew already I was going to leave them working at least one day this weekend, so I could give my saws some exercise.

Right now is PRIME Oak Hill Oyster season, so if your girlie likes them, we can get a bushel and steam them for lunch-ish. I have a cabin down there, and a two story outhouse with a real flushing toilet, in case she's more delicately inclined....

View attachment 287866View attachment 287867View attachment 287868View attachment 287869View attachment 287870

Hey thanks!

You say an hour away? Whereabouts?

Ill shoot you a pm. I work an awful lot but Im sure I can make the trip at some point.

I live on the beach in NSB, Playa Varano. But I have a stack of acreage in Oak Hill, Rancho Varano, I farm shade there. Its an Oak Hammock. No pine or saw palmetto, nor cypress or cedar....

The Ranch is about fifteen minutes or fifteen miles from the beach, yet only three minutes to Mosquito Lagoon.

If you're coming to the beach, I-4 to SR 44 and head east till you hit my driveway.

To the ranch you are better off 408 to 50 east to 95 and off at mm 239 then up US1 a couple of miles to Oak Hill.

Like I said, you're welcome to it unless you are a dirtbag thief, or are just unsafe at any speed- either way I'll know right away and you will too.

We're starved down here, no real need for being a scrounge, or willing to work at it, so you can put your kids through college rather than the Heatin' Oli Man's kid through ballet classes.... I have PRIMO GTG land, and there simply isn't any traffic.

You probably don't need more than a third cord at a time anyway, but if you wanted, I could send you home with three cord on a trailer, if you have the kit to carry it. (I prolly don;t have time to let you round three cord worth, but Pedro can load eight footers -six at a time, for you to split later. )

I live on the beach in NSB, Playa Varano. But I have a stack of acreage in Oak Hill, Rancho Varano, I farm shade there. Its an Oak Hammock. No pine or saw palmetto, nor cypress or cedar....

The Ranch is about fifteen minutes or fifteen miles from the beach, yet only three minutes to Mosquito Lagoon.

If you're coming to the beach, I-4 to SR 44 and head east till you hit my driveway.

To the ranch you are better off 408 to 50 east to 95 and off at mm 239 then up US1 a couple of miles to Oak Hill.

Like I said, you're welcome to it unless you are a dirtbag thief, or are just unsafe at any speed- either way I'll know right away and you will too.

We're starved down here, no real need for being a scrounge, or willing to work at it, so you can put your kids through college rather than the Heatin' Oli Man's kid through ballet classes.... I have PRIMO GTG land, and there simply isn't any traffic.

You probably don't need more than a third cord at a time anyway, but if you wanted, I could send you home with three cord on a trailer, if you have the kit to carry it. (I prolly don;t have time to let you round three cord worth, but Pedro can load eight footers -six at a time, for you to split later. )

Hello neighbor on saxon ave. right on beach. 1 mile past mexican restaurant, small world.

Dang, an As'er within two miles..... small world. My Ranch is due west through the Flats and across the River on Maytown, but I live on North Beach. Stop by 808 11th Ave this evening for a hello, I'm going to be Picasso or Michaelangelo painting interior doors tonite after 6pm. I'm down to interior paint trim and floors before I list it for sale.

I always have a cold beer in the cooler.

....and I think I have at least two saws in my tool trailer.

Dang, an As'er within two miles..... small world. My Ranch is due west through the Flats and across the River on Maytown, but I live on North Beach. Stop by 808 11th Ave this evening for a hello, I'm going to be Picasso or Michaelangelo painting interior doors tonite after 6pm. I'm down to interior paint trim and floors before I list it for sale.

I always have a cold beer in the cooler.

....and I think I have at least two saws in my tool trailer.

Many thinks for invite, off to Alabama hunting turkeys for a week to 10 day, a"ll get up with you as soon as i get back. thanks again. P M sent

Last edited:
Many thinks for invite, off to Alabama hunting turkeys for a week to 10 day, a"ll get up with you as soon as i get back. thanks again. P M sent

Have a good safe trip then, I wish I had time to hunt Spring gobblers, but this investment house has completely consumed my time. Missed Bow, Black powder, and Doe season this year.

Its always a dilemma for me to go to the Ranch, Saws? or Gun? Workout, or Hog?

Back