My wife milling white pine with my Dolmar 7900. :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's cool to see a fe-miller!!! :biggrinbounce2:

I live right next to the westspartan. We took a big ole white pine down in our neighbors yard down the road. We milled it up, and my wife joined in for the fun!!

YouTube videos:

----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQsWfa2TQYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6twP56F_Q

----------------------------------------

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Observing Dan (the westspartan) mill with his 441.
IMG_0901.jpg

She's a cute little logger with my Rockman helmet on. :)
IMG_0900.jpg

Gentlemen, drink a beer to that! :cheers:

Last edited:
Sweet!
oh yeah and the saw/mill setup aint bad either;) you're a lucky man. it's nice to be able to do outdoorsy stuff with the wife when they are into it- mine isn't. she' a girly girl. i think i finally talked her into taking a four wheeler trip this year but i had to promise her she would be in a polaris ranger with a cab- we'll see! nice pix/vids.
lou

Great stuff, only trouble is you are demistfiying the the black art of milling so you won't be able to tell her what a tough day you have had !!

Great stuff, only trouble is you are demistfiying the the black art of milling so you won't be able to tell her what a tough day you have had !!

Yeah true. But she'd tell me to buck up either way! She always says that the man of the house is expected to work hard, it's in our blood and it comes naturally; therefore I can't complain!! :)

Onya WC81 and Mrs WC81. That saw dust looks like it's squirting nicely outta the Dolmar.

In your own good time you'll find lifting logs up off the ground even a little will make things easier. And maybe think about upgrading Mrs WC81's footware too? :)

Onya WC81 and Mrs WC81. That saw dust looks like it's squirting nicely outta the Dolmar.

In your own good time you'll find lifting logs up off the ground even a little will make things easier. And maybe think about upgrading Mrs WC81's footware too? :)

The log she's milling is up on the one end just ever so slightly, but not by very much.

She has work boots, she just came by as a last minute decision. But yes, almost anything would be better than Crocs when running a saw, lol. :)

Ok guys....Here's another chainsaw chick: my 15 year old daughter who's become my new firewood/logging hand. As I've said before, Dad's awful proud of her! I posted these on another thread last month, but here they are again. It sure was great father/daughter day sawing up that locust over on the farm!

attachment.php

attachment.php

granberg mill

H:chainsaw:ow do you like your granberg small log mill? I'm contemplating buying one for my ms460 but can't make up my mind. I've heard they can produce some wavy boards. Let me know! Thanks! Nice 7900 by the way.:chainsaw:

Crocs rock

I prefer to use my safety crocs when using a chainsaw. No holes keeps the sawdust out:)

6627-533040-p.jpg

H:chainsaw:ow do you like your granberg small log mill? I'm contemplating buying one for my ms460 but can't make up my mind. I've heard they can produce some wavy boards. Let me know! Thanks! Nice 7900 by the way.:chainsaw:

That was before my 79'er was ported too!! :D ;)

The small log mill is great! It'll kick some ass coupled with a 460. It'll only produce boards as wavy as you cut them. :)

But seriously, if your starting 2x6 (or what have you) is straight, then your board is straight. Granbers suggests using a bar no longer than 20". I use a 24" - it works flawlessly - but with that being said I wouldn't go any bigger than a 24".

Buy one! You WILL NOT be disappointed!!! :clap: :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back