guide bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best bar for the money are the blaze orange GB Pro titanium bars. Cannon superbars these days suck, and I mean bad. I ran a GB and a Cannon head to head. The Cannon showed wear after one day ( 6 hours of cutting ). The GB bar went almost four weeks ( 130 hours of cutting ) before it started to show wear. The GB bars cost half of what the Cannon bars do. Oregon bars- lol. :p

I got a 28" about july or so, and I thought there was more grooving than there should have been, But I thought it was all the slashing I was doing but maybe not. I just put another on the 460 and it seems fine. but now I am going to be watching close now, thanks for the heads up.

10 years ago Cannon made the best bar on the market, but in the last year or so they've started using asian steel, and that's ruining their bars. I'm having to dress these new Cannons down more often than a cheap old Oregon. The Woodsman pro from Baileys are a little better than an Oregon bar but not much.

I second Jacobs comments on the GB bar Jeff sells. By far the hardest rails of any bar I have used and the nose assembly is tough as nails. I have severly abused mine failing timber as well as cutiing tons of skidded fire wood which is dirty as hell. Windsor bars are good as well.

Silverblue, Is the rumor true about those Aussie GB bars? You know-the part about the chain spinning backwards if a toilet is flushed within 50 feet? Perhaps they aren't well adapted to the Northern Hemisphere.;)

I wa told by someone at Bailys that the powermatch plus was beter than the windsor bars. The woodsman pro bars were quite a bit more $ than the other two. The GB bars that were listed above wasn't a whole lot more expensive..........guess I'll have to get one.

GB.... I have been using mine for about 8 weeks now with still no signs of wear. Its a tough bar. Great design, and wont cost you much either! snssawshop.com
Buy from Jeff Sikkema. Good luck!

thanks for your help guys i will call jeff tommorow
what do you guys think is the best brand of chain

Guide bars

I have a GB on my 029, an Oregon Power match plus, an one 049 MAG, and a windsor an my other 046 MAG. I really like the GB bar.

Has anybody used the Carlton premium by Tsumura? I haven't used all the bars mentioned here, but most of them. The GB bars must not be the same as the one's I used because they were the worst bar I've ever used. The one's I got were made by GB for Carlton. They had Carlton painted on them, so they must be making better one's now. I can't understand somebody saying Cannon rails wear down fast, they have the best tempered rail in the business. I know Oregon oven tempers there bars, but Cannon tempers each set of rails clear to the bottom of the bar groove. My chains wear out, not my rails. The Cannon and the Woodsman pro are the same bar. I know the Cannon rep and that's what he tells me. They are coming out with a new tip, same as the single rivet tip that they have now, but stronger and harder, so I'm told. I'm going to give the new GB a try, one of these times. The Tsumura looks like a good bar but haven't used it enough to give an honest opinion. They are the company that replaced GB making bars for Carlton. They are cheaper than Cannon.

Latest posts

Back