Milling a cherry log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyhank

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Here's a small cherry log that I got culled out of a logging job. I changed the sprocket on my 3120 to an 8 tooth and put on the 32" bar. While easier to bog than a 7 it cuts great and with very little pressure applied it will keep the saw off the rev limiter and cuts FAST. It makes the 3120 (and me) much happier working on smallish wood. It a lot less work.

iPhone pics follow:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ahhh, black cherry. it's a great wood to mill. looks amazing when it's freshly cut and still wet. not too hard, not too soft.
nice work hank. :clap:

is that a hunk of white oak next to the stacked cherry?

Yep, that's some white oak crotches waiting for me. My big bar is off getting fixed so it'll be a few days or more before I get to them.

Burning cherry? You oughta be whipped! :dizzy:

Tables (and other things) - yes.

I'm trying to cut as much as I can now before the weather arms up and the bugs come out. Fortunately there is a lot of wood around here right now.

Nice slabs!!!!

Here's a small cherry log that I got culled out of a logging job. I changed the sprocket on my 3120 to an 8 tooth and put on the 32" bar. While easier to bog than a 7 it cuts great and with very little pressure applied it will keep the saw off the rev limiter and cuts FAST. It makes the 3120 (and me) much happier working on smallish wood. It a lot less work.

iPhone pics follow:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So hard to find cherry here anymore,,well,,for me it seems like.....I was lucky to score one last fall.....Nice slabs !!!!

Real nice work hank ,really like the look of that black cherry wish we had it growing over here its also got alot rougher bark than the wild cherry that grows over here nice job.!!!

Back