BIG saw in wood video,,what FUN !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
Ok,,after getting this running i had to go to a friends place to find some wood to try this saw in..after watching me he had to try it..now i dont think i got it tuned as good as i can be but it was FUN anyway !!
neither one of us has used a saw this big and need to learn how to use it but it sure was enjoyable anyway..it has a brand new frostbite chain on it and may have done better touched up a tad and maybe the rakers taken down some,,probly even better if we knew how to use the saw !!.. i think this thing should have some dawgs on it to help..
any suggestions on tuning MORE than welcome !...
oh yeh,,this IS some pretty hard oak..
HE couldnt tell when he had the bar burried in three diff logs at the same time :) didnt slow it down at all.
i'm the old guy :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcuXV4RqtQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcuXV4RqtQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-RsL4jUOPY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-RsL4jUOPY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome! I have a couple more yellow ones to check off my list, but a 750 is getting more appealing all the time.

That did look like you were havin some fun. Yes dawgs do help on a saw with this much lugging power. Don't worry it will still pull a little less raker. Congratulations on a great nice running saw.

All right!!! Another big inch vintage chainsaw in good hands. Looks like the interest in big, old chunks of alloy is on the rise, I'm glad to see it. Now you-all are getting the idea of what some of us have been talking about.

That saw looks real strong. I need to go somewhere and run one of them.

That did look like you were havin some fun. Yes dawgs do help on a saw with this much lugging power. Don't worry it will still pull a little less raker. Congratulations on a great nice running saw.

:) wanted to cut more but durned if i forgot even my earmuffs !
he wanted to rent the saw to finish cutting that load,i said hell no I wanna cut it !! should be built like a "hoss" by the time it's done :)
was wondering how much i could take off the rakers ??
was throwing some good sized chips but felt like the power could have handled more..
where to get a dog or two ? available or make your own ?
for those not familiar with the saw i probly should have mentioned it is 112CC of engine..

Great looking/sounding saw and great videos. If anybody ever starts slamming Homelites, you definitely have one to whip out that'll prove 'em wrong.

Dan

Great to see it running again!
icon14.gif
If running that saw doesn’t put a smile on your face you might just as well find another hobby.:)

Thanks for directing me to this thread!

It's awesome! glad to see it's up and running...

Surprisingly nimble and easy to use, isn't it?

see,,, that is the argument for torque opposed to speed,, doesn't matter how fast the saw turns (wot rpm), it only matters how fast it turns in the wood,,, and that thing didn't slow down,,, that why i like the old torker saws,,,, i believe the slower speed lets them ( or any engine) live longer,,,,
great saw , and video!!!!!!!!

Thought you had a Partner 7000?...:confused:

I do, ( how you remember that ? ) ,but my friend has never run it..
and it's only 70cc..
gonna havta put it to wood one of these days,,but maybe to nice to get dirty :)

" Stihl088stock Thanks for directing me to this thread!

It's awesome! glad to see it's up and running...

Surprisingly nimble and easy to use, isn't it? "

oh yeh,lightweight and nimble,maybe i'll use it as a limbing saw ! LOL !!
NOT !!!!!... takes somebody like "HOSS" to use a saw like that regular !

i looked at the video again and saw my friend cut that little 8 in log and it looked like he was just knocking it out of the way :)

gotta shapen up the 944 and try that one again in some of the larger oak,maybe this weekend a video..only 84cc but cuts good..

Now to have somebody start the 480cd husky for me :( i cant..

Looks like you had a good time and that saw sure sounds great.
Was slinging some chips too,

Back