Long term use 576xp thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up a new 576 today. Didn't find much in searching around here before pulling the trigger on this saw, so I'll be the guinea pig (usually run Stihls).

I'm a working sawyer, so the thing will get a work out. I'll try and post weekly reports (when I have time), the good, the bad, the ugly.

So far I like it, what little I ran it today. Good balance with a 28" and very smooth.

Muff needs to be reworked, but this saw will not be ported.

Definatly a lot better than the 441 in terms of design, av and all around ergonomics, but (mark my words!) I don't want to make this a stihl vs husky donkey show. Just my initial impression.

Gotta burn the slash off a job from this summer this coming week, but I'll be starting another little logging job week after next. I'll report back then.

Hope this helps some of you guys in the future, have a good thanksgiving- Sam

sounds good....always like a good review. Is it an Autotune or regular version?

I really like the 576. I have one that stock one ported and one of the autotune ones. I have a 372xt coming next week and am going to see how it stacks up against the 576. And the 576 is one smooth saw that is for sure. Looking forward to seeing your review.

I really like the 576. I have one that stock one ported and one of the autotune ones. I have a 372xt coming next week and am going to see how it stacks up against the 576. And the 576 is one smooth saw that is for sure. Looking forward to seeing your review.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the 372xt. The local dealer is a pretty old school guy, used to cut for Columbia Helicopters, and he raves about the 576, that's what sold me, he prefers it to the 372xt. We shall see, drop in with your opinions whenever you want BD, I really hope this thread can provide some solid info for folks, we're entering a whole new world of saws and I guess we'll just have to figure em out - Sam

I think the 576 is over shadowed by the 372 but is a great saw. I'll be interested to see how you think it stacks up.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly makes the 576 that much better than the 441? Is it overall design, or a few specific things?

I'd like to pick one of them up some day, so the more info the better.

Andy I had a test awhile back when the 576 first came out. I bought a 441 and a 576. Ran both stock and then sent both to treeslinger to be modded. The 576 is a stronger saw for the same amout of weight.
Now Im a husky guy but the 576 was smoother handled better had a good bottom end.
Now someone that runs stihls will not agree with me and thats the way it is.

Gonna be really interesting to see your findings while using this saw as a professional user. I'm very interested for sure.

Andy I had a test awhile back when the 576 first came out. I bought a 441 and a 576. Ran both stock and then sent both to treeslinger to be modded. The 576 is a stronger saw for the same amout of weight.
Now Im a husky guy but the 576 was smoother handled better had a good bottom end.

Im a stihl guy and agree 100%

Here are your pics Al. More I look this saw over, the more I like it. The one piece top cover is pretty slick. Double barrel carb is a bit different. Crappy pic, but you can see that the transfers are fairly massive.
I've had the opportunity to poke around this saw completely torn down, as well as the 372xt. The p/c design on the 576 definatly seems more impressive- Sam

Sorry, computer is not cooperating, can't get the pics to pop up in text - Sam

Here ya go heres your pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I remember that thread now. I lean toward Husky, but the two ported 441's I've ran are really strong.

Does anyone have any closeup and clear pics of the linkage in the carb box?

Back