John Deere 50V

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was given a nice old John Deere 50V.
After a clean up, fresh fuel & an adjustment she runs mint.
A nice old heavy saw to mess around with. I checked out Mike Acres site and there was very little info at all about it.
I did note that on the saw it was made by Kioritz, the same co. that makes Echo saws. Is it an Echo? If so what model if any does it cross over to Echo for parts swaping?
Thanks for any help.

I believe it was a 452 Echo. They were very good medium power saws. I sold several of them new. Some rubber parts are getting hard to get for the old orange Echos.

Better try to buy up some rubber if you can find it. Vibe elements, oil hose, fuel hoses, and carb kit.

Try the local John Deere dealer.....

I recently purchased a carb kit for my 60V and a fuel hose (tank side) for my 50V from my local JD dealer. I purchased my 50V off of E-Bay for $55 and it is a great little saw for the $$$. I must say that it is hard to pick up the 50, 60 or 70V after I've run my "new" Jonsered 2159....can't beat that 13,700 rpm sprocket speed !

Joe

Thanks for the tip on the Echo 452 Tony!
I revisited Mike Acres site and found the info I needed under the Echo 452...same saw different color.
The 50V seems like a solid saw and will be used for less than desirable cutting conditions in place of the Huskies.
Thanks for the help!

Back