Major CAD strike - everything from a Reed-Prentice to a Craftsman 1.9

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
After seeing the luck GoRVing has had recently, I decided I needed to swing into CAD high gear. I received an e-mail response to a Craigslist ad from a small engine shop about 50 miles from my house. I called him and he told me he had 8-9 saws including a Reed-Prentice 2 man saw.

This shop has been in business 37 years and he had 13 saws stored on top of his office. I pulled them all down and asked if he had any others. He brought out a Dayton and three boxes of Poulans. Since some were powerheads, I asked if he had any old bars laying around and he handed me nine of those. Since I was on a roll I asked if he had any 1/2" chain, but after checking he did not.

Included in the lot is what I think Is a Reed-Prentice 1200, a Hoffco, Mac 1-40 and 1-50, Homelite Super EZ, XL 12 and XL, Lombard, Craftsman (Poulan) 1.9, Sears, David Bradley, Dayton (Poulan) 4Z252, Poulan 43, 63, 3400 in a box, what I believe is a 4900 in a box and a S25DA.

Here are a couple of pictures as I brought them out of the shop.

EMsaws001.jpg

EMsaws004.jpg

EMsaws005.jpg

All in all, not a bad day. By the way, he is a former Shindaiwa dealer and has a new 357 and 488 on the shelf.

Last edited:
I have not bought a saw in two weeks, starting to twitch just looking at your nice score.

I think that big Sears saw behind the David Bradley is also a David Bradly with a Sears badge on it. Nice score.:msp_thumbup:

I got first dibs on the 1-40 and/or 1-50. Never can own to many Macs. :) Also any McCulloch bars.

I'm assuming you had to pay for the whole package... may I ask what you paid? (don't have to reply if you don't want to)

Mixed feelings

Wow, I'm a little conflicted; feel excited for your find but also get tired thinking of all the future work you may be facing.

But that's my problem, not your... Congrats on the find!

Olyeller

NICE GRAB!
Love seeing a vehicle full of saws!

How long was the drive!
The smell of OLD 2 cycles crammed in a vehicle is priceless and enjoyed by the proud few!

Just home from some out of town work and looking over every ones hauls!

Yours is NICE!
Great assortment!!!!!!!!!!!

Reed-apprentice looks sick!!!
Those Poulans are nice as well!!!

Have fun with the full PM BOX!!!!!

I got first dibs on the 1-40 and/or 1-50. Never can own to many Macs. :) Also any McCulloch bars.

I'm assuming you had to pay for the whole package... may I ask what you paid? (don't have to reply if you don't want to)

Not sure what may happen with the Macs and I know there was at least one Mac bar in the group. With the exception of my $45 Stihl 026, I make it a point to never discuss what I paid for a saw. Suffice it to say that the shop owner quoted a price and I paid it without any ####ering.

NICE GRAB!
Love seeing a vehicle full of saws!

How long was the drive!
The smell of OLD 2 cycles crammed in a vehicle is priceless and enjoyed by the proud few!

Just home from some out of town work and looking over every ones hauls!

Yours is NICE!
Great assortment!!!!!!!!!!!

Reed-apprentice looks sick!!!
Those Poulans are nice as well!!!

Have fun with the full PM BOX!!!!!

The shop was 50 miles from my house, but 95% of the travel was on the interstate which made it an easy drive. Being a good saw mechanic and since they were displayed in his shop, they were all drained years ago so no residual odor in the back of the Explorer.

Eccentric is interested in that Super E-Z, as well as any bars there that'd fit an E-Z or a Poulan 25.:cheers:

Aaron,

I have two other running SEZ's, so I may be tempted to let this one go. I need to spend some time looking them over and cleaning them up a bit. I am sure I have a bar for a 25, how long do you want it?

Gary

Latest posts

Back