Who's going to TCI Expo in Columbus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koa Man

Kahuna giganticus
Reaction score
I booked my flights and then called the Drury Inn, the cheaper hotel. They are sold out already. I ended up getting the Crowne Plaza for $128 a night. The last one I went to was in 2001. Looking forward to seeing the new equipment and especially interested in a spider lift.

Its the same date that deer season opens in my area but I'll likely make it to Columbus to have a look. Will there be a meeting place for AS members meet to say hi to one another??? It will be my first show, I missed the one in Detroit last year...did I mention I like deer hunting!!! HC

I hope to be there, since I cannot take off for Nashville. This is the first ISA I'll have missed in 6 years. Too little work in the beginning of the year with the broken foot, and my clientel threatend to fire mee if I took all those days off.

Right after they got back from vacation

I'll be signing up for Tom's SRT presentation. Thanks for letting us know about that.

Mebbe this year we can set up an Arboristsite sign-in board over near the concessions (what I mean is AS and TRBZZ, and Burger Meister) I'd be glad to contact TCIA and ask if something like that would be cool. Last year, Detroit, I was disappointed and didn't get to meet <u>a single</u> other AS member. I left, full of new gear but feeling rather empty.

In Milwaukee a few years back I met Mike Maas completely by chance. My wife pointed out another guy and said "Look at that guy; he's like three times the size of an average human and he's got like a size 20 foot. But he's real cute." We went over and met John Paul Sanborn. I had to hunt down and find Nicrosis.

I will volunteer to do something about our non-organized attendance, if you guys think this is a good idea. It's just sad to be wandering around looking for each other, knowing that we're all around, even walking by one another, and never recognizing and shaking hands. We've just been through too much together here to not meet and give each other hugs. It's up to you guys, but I will commit to it.

Great idea TM, let us know. Maybe see if some of AS sponsors have any ideas they may want to share or support. ie)- AS.com T-shirts with the sponsors names on it ??? Hey Daren, I'm a XXL. HC ;)

Hey Tom,
Is your presentation going to be in the tree demo area or a paid class? I would be interested in learning more about your SRT techniques.

Tree Machine said:
I will volunteer to do something about our non-organized attendance, if you guys think this is a good idea. .
TM, it's agreat idea. at isa i've seen treeco and rumination and ljack and dunlap andothers and it's good.

at tci there will be a meeting of the NEWTS; start organizing your pics and info so we can share our materials and methods. ok?

I have to check to see where the SRT will be . Most likely at the demo tree. If so, there will be plenty of time to thrash through a bunch of SRT options.

There is one of the hotels where the upper floors cantelivier over the lower ones.
Perfect for SRT descents to the lobby instead of the elevators :)

There may be another model of the Unicender by then too.

Tom

OK, TCI Expo is only a little over a month away. Anyone else going and is there going to be a place to meet other AS members?

Last edited:
Remember Joe from TCIA? I asked him is we could set up a sign-in board over by the concession. He never answered, so mebbe the Tree Machine should drop him a PM and link him back here: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=24060&highlight=tcia+expo I know Mark Garvin, and I won't hesitate to ask him if Joe can't authorize. I would write Cynthia Mills, our TCIA President, but she's a pretty busy lady.

The first night, the evening reception, the free food night, there are tons of tree guys there and it is just by chance that one of us would run into another. The room has 4 corners. Maybe we should designate the NW corner as the Forum Guys corner; AS, Buzz, Housers, kind of a Forum Clan Family Reunion mingle area. A sign-in board (same one that would be used the following days on the Expo floor) would allow us to be sure we're in the right area.

I'll be driving, so it won't be a big deal do schlepp a poster board along and a pen. Permission is the only thing, right now, in the way of of us formally hooking up.

If permission to do this is denied, we need to have that sign-in board at a defined booth, maybe one of the AS sponsors, or Bandit, or The Silky Store, or Karl Kummerling or wherever. The Log Arches. We could figure that out. The concession area makes sense as I think I remember (from 4 years ago) there is a food booth inside the arena floor.

We could also put the initials AS on our badges. We could probably meet a few other members that way too.

I'm likin' it......

We can just make it known that there will be an informal gathering there of whomever at the top of every hour, from 5 minutes before to ten minutes after. You can come and go, as you please, drop in as little are as many times as you wish. It would be known that at whatever part of the day, you'll either meet someone personally, or check the sign-in to see who's been in. This is pretty much as boiled-down as we can get it, don't you think? If we want to do beers or something later, or go climb something somewhere, those things can be discussed during the Expo.

I'm thinkin this is gonna work. I can :Eye: :Eye: see it.

The only problem with the Sherrill booth is that they are always so busy. They have got to be one of the most crowded booths at the show. I have a hard time getting to say hi to Tobe, who I have known for over 15 years.

Latest posts

Back