Tree limb cutter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Tree limb cutter did work?

This is for homeowner use ok. Just wonder if anyone has ever tried one and how well do they work. I have some very tall maples that I cant reach the limbs I want to trim even with my 24 foot ladder up into the tree. I figured using the ladder and this rope cutter might work. Here is the write up from the sale ad listed. The High Limb™ Cutter lets you get at those hard to reach tree limbs from ground level. Simply toss the casting weight (included) over the branch you wish to cut.
Using the two 25 ft. control ropes (also included), pull the patented 'bimatic' 26 in. carbon steel blade up over the limb. The blade will automatically position itself with the cutting side down, and cuts in both directions as it's drawn back and forth by pulling on the control ropes.

The saw is so versatile, it even allows you to undercut the bark to prevent peeling. This saw easily outreaches and outworks any pole saw.

Constructed of a patented chain blade which features Bimatic carbon steel cutters. These cutters are engineered for hand use and maximum cutting efficiency as the blade is drawn back and forth. Lightweight, but extremely strong, polypropylene ropes are attached to each end of the blade. A sandbag throwing weight is attached to one rope end. The polypropylene ropes are electrically non-conductive, and will pose no problem if the saw comes in contact with overhead wires.

Prunes high limbs safely and easily from the ground
Lets you get at those hard-to-reach banches from ground level
Cuts branches up to 25 ft. high
Excellent for after-storm clean-ups
Great for hunters and RV campers

Last edited:
And how is it able to prevent peeling?

And how do operate it w/o standing directly under the limb you are cutting?

1. 1:1 lefty right mix.
2. Says undercut to stop peeling, cut from a side angle going by pits I seen.
3. How do you use a pole saw that is cutting limbs above you. Common sense I'd say.
4. I will go buy one and update this later. Seems no homeowners have tried this out. Then I can see first hand the pros and cons. If it don't work I am only out $30.

Last edited:
Save your money Timber, don't even bother with this worthless gimmick thing.

If your lucky you might scratch the bark off a limb after you use this thing for a half hour, if you actually get into the wood it will get stuck because it won't cut straight.

The reason I know this is because I have had to go out and finish jobs that Harry Homeowner types start by using one of these gimmicks.

Buy a pole saw, you will money ahead.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks ax-man for the advice. But even with a 10' pole saw and my 24' ladder I cant reach the couple of limbs I want down. I figured between the 24' ladder and this 25' rope saw it just might work. I will let you know if it is crap when I try it out.

I bought it for $30 and is guaranteed for life. I was able to cut a 4"-5" limb above my power wire in about 1-2 minutes. The longest time was getting it over the limb and lined up for the cut. For the HOMEOWNER it works good enough to give us a option of cutting higher limbs we cant reach with a ladder and saw or a pole saw. I just haven't got the undercut thing down to help to the limb peeling. Hope this helps someone else out.

Last edited:
Congrats Timber, You are the first person that I know of to get this limb cutter thing to work. You get the limb cutter of the year award, seriously :cool: Practice makes perfect.

Most of the people I helped out were cutting bigger material 8" and up, never dawned on me how this tool would work on smaller limbs.

Larry

Ax-man said:
Congrats Timber, You are the first person that I know of to get this limb cutter thing to work. You get the limb cutter of the year award, seriously :cool: Practice makes perfect.

Most of the people I helped out were cutting bigger material 8" and up, never dawned on me how this tool would work on smaller limbs.

Larry
The one I was using had the 24" chain. There is one with a 48" chain for bigger stuff I found out on the net. If I cut a 8" someday with it I will update. It just fills a void to reaching the higher limbs for us homeowners. That pole saws and ladders couldnt reach.

I think that bit about polypropylene being non conductive and implying that touching a live powerline with it will be safe is nearly criminal misinformation. I'm no line technician, but touching a powerline with a rope that I'm holding, any rope, sounds like an invitation to a funeral. Just imagine the rope getting wet.

I agree. I remember when I was a young-en and my dad said go ahead and take that dandelion stem and touch that electric fence it wont shock you. Yea right. Lessoned learned till this day lol.

Latest posts

Back