Used chain grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one had a used chain grinder. I am not to picky on the brand name. I am looking for one that does the depth guages and sharpens at the same time. I am looking for one less then $200.00. Thanks for the help.

Dan, I dont know if there are any grindersthat do the depth guides at the same time, but am sure someone will correct me if Im wrong. There are some small ones like the mini jolly that you can get new for that price and you should be able to pick up a used tecomec or the Oregon equivalent for that neighbourhood. A lot of people will use a spare grinder to do the rakers instead of fooling with changeover of wheels and setup. Someone will come through for you.

Frank

I am not to worryed about the grinder for doing the depth guages. I just wants something that does a fair job grinding. Thanks

No one ever taught me how to hand file. It was always much easier to use a hand grinder or the bench grinder at our shop.

Ok Dan,

What if you are out the woods harvesting and you dull your chain, yet all you have is a hand file? What are you going to do? :confused:

Lol no I have the little hand held grinder I would just hook it to the truck or my atv. I also keep a lot of spare chains. I think if I was in a situation where I had to file the chains by hand I would learn but or shop at work is about 200 feet from where we cut the firewood. Also If we are on a job we would just use the truck battery.

Back