Poulan Pro PP4620 not oiling properly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscottmiller

Reaction score
I have used Poulans for the last 17 years and was very happy with them but I recently bought a brand new Pro PP4620 that does not oil properly. On top of that, when you set it down after using it, a lot of oil drains on to the floor. Has anyone else had this problem?

oiling & leak

If you are not getting enough oil on the bar look for a clogged screen in the oil tank or the oil hole in the bar . As far as the leaking goes , my PP220 has leaked twice over the last two years and now I only store it with 1/2 or less of a tank of oil . The IPL shows that your PP4620 has the same oil pump components as the PP295 .

Not Oiling

Thanks Scott, I will definitely check the screen. The part that just really bugs me is that this thing is brand new all should be clean. The one I have now is actually my second one. I took the first one back thinking it was a lemon.

Leak

Mine was bought used but had never cut wood . It had been run long enough without bar oil to wear the paint off the back of the bar . I had ran about three tanks of gas and bar oil through it before I saw it leak and thought that could of worn the pump plunger . If I had bought it new I would have sent it back . It's possible that there is a bad run of oil pumps , you can call the factory in Ark . and ask them . How do you like the easy pull start feature on your saw ?

Leak

I really appreciate you sharing that story. I will contact Poulan, there has got to be more to it than just my dumb luck.

Called Poulan

The only oil coming out of the saw was the leak after I turned it off.

I finally got a hold of the right person at Poulan - Tech Support(800-490-9573). He said there is a seal in that pump that if not aligned perfectly, the oil will not flow through and when the saw is turned off the oil in the line will drain out. My two saws probably came from the same lot at home depot which were probably assembled by the same person.

Latest posts

Back