pressure tester pics....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Tell me what you think about THIS contraption!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I blocked off the intake and exhaust ports and hooked to the impulse tube, worked like a charm!

Its also a vacumm gauge, the neelde swings clockwise for pressure, and counterclockwise for vacumm.

I like it

The Northern catalog is a nice touch. Not real sure why there is a doll in that picture....
If I ever have to rig up something like that, I may copy your design!

Good job!:cheers:

-pat

The gauge came from Sears, its an engine vacuum and fuel pressure gauge. The tubing and fittings came from Home Depot. I got the blood pressure cuff from Walgreens, I wish I could have found just the bulb, but oh well.

Gauge was $19.00 it came with assorted fittings and a length of tube.

Fittings and tubing were $10.00, and I have lots of tubing and a few fittings left.

Blood pressure cuff was $16.00 at Walgreens.

Yes, I did find my leak. It was under the head gasket, right where I thought it was. A little high temp rtv and its all fixed.

Wolves, that is a pressure tester, I dont see how it would do vacuum though, if thats what you meant. I did get a Mighty Vac pump and I just pull the bulb pump off and throw on the vac pump and let'er rip.

Yeah, it was late when I posted that.

I figured if the guage does pressure and vac you (I) might not need the mighty vac in addition to the bulb.

Then again I was thinking of using an OMC bulb from a boat tank as it would develope more vaccum than a B'pressure bulb.

CaseyForrest said:
lol...was waiting on a comment about the doll.
Well, if the scissors were jabbed into the table next to it, we might've noticed.

Dang, I need to find somebody with a tester like that.

CaseyForrest said:
The gauge came from Sears, its an engine vacuum and fuel pressure gauge. The tubing and fittings came from Home Depot. I got the blood pressure cuff from Walgreens, I wish I could have found just the bulb, but oh well.

Gauge was $19.00 it came with assorted fittings and a length of tube.

Fittings and tubing were $10.00, and I have lots of tubing and a few fittings left.

Blood pressure cuff was $16.00 at Walgreens.

I checked at my local clinic and they gave me an old blood pressure cuff. They only use them so long. Thanks for the pics. Mine is almost ready. Just have to build it.

How well does this work for pressure testing, the gauge only goes to 10 PSI. Might have to buils one also. Thanks

here's what I use... T it off with mitetivac or handpump, depending on what I'm after.

mac vacum.JPG

Back