pressure tester pics....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casey, Im building one just like that, and I didnt even steal your idea. A friend of mine said he got a compression tester at an auction, and was going to give it to me. Turned out to be a pressure/vacuum tester just about like that. My mother is a RN, and is getting me an old blood pressure cuff. The fittings were cabbaged from an oxy/acetylene repair kit, and the tubing I had on the shelf. Thats a nice, simple, effective and cheap dual tester in my opinion. :clap:

Hey, thanks.

I see someone else wanting to build one and I thought those pics were deleted so I didnt bother to reply. Heck, I forget what Ive even got into it untill you popped this back up!!

Good stuff!! Thanks Bowtie for dredging this thread up to the surface. I've got a dual tester guage my dad gave me and have been comptemplating how to make it work for this application.:clap: :clap: Thanks for the pics Casey(belatedly):cheers:

Besides a bulb maybe this?

I work as a biotech lab tech and someone was cleaning out a lab. Scored a vacuum gauge, tubing and t's.

To apply a vacuum or pressure could one use a syringe? I just used a 1 cc syringe on the vacuum gauge and it pulled up to 5inHg before the plunger pulled out. Using a 10cc or larger, we have up to 60cc in the lab, should work.

Brian

I work as a biotech lab tech and someone was cleaning out a lab. Scored a vacuum gauge, tubing and t's.

To apply a vacuum or pressure could one use a syringe? I just used a 1 cc syringe on the vacuum gauge and it pulled up to 5inHg before the plunger pulled out. Using a 10cc or larger, we have up to 60cc in the lab, should work.

Brian

I bet it will work .

Brian

Brian,
I don't believe a syringe will work because it doesn't have a check valve. The plunger will be pulled back into the barrel on vacuum and pushed out of the barrel on pressure. the bulb from the blood pressure cuff has a check valve in it.
If you use the syringe you will need to add a valve above the syringe to prevent the pressure change from moving the plunger. otherwise you won't be able to turn loose of the syringe
John

Back