Turning Trees to Timber Manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting read. Has photos of milling rigs I never heard of, covers a lot of topics. Thanks for the link!

TGIF:givebeer: :cheers:

Just saved both, nice organized format for us on the beginners track.

Thanks a cord for posting the link.

great stuff' well written overview.

im looking into starting up a 'treecyclying' operation locally.start out smallish. this is very informative. as is the site. happy to have found this place

namaste
matthew
www.tribalwind.com

tribalwind said:
great stuff' well written overview.

im looking into starting up a 'treecyclying' operation locally.start out smallish. this is very informative. as is the site. happy to have found this place

namaste
matthew
www.tribalwind.com

Howdy and welcome!

I checked out your website. Nice turnings. My brother and I are in the process of starting a similar opperation. There's a lot of potential out there.

Hi aggie and thanks for the welcome.
yes i'll be teaming up with a buddy of mine who's got soem warehouse space for storage. he's also a great herbalist and fellow conservationist,

a good site i found form soemoen on either woodcentral or bt3central was this one. http://www.scottbanbury.com/treecycling.html
i'll have to write this fella sometime and see if they have any tips! looks like a great operation. pretty psyched to get into this!!i hate seeing all that wasted wood around here.long island's got some nice trees.

i have an alaskan mill but no chainsaw for it now.need to research what to get..
we'll probably look into a portable band mill as well,like a woodmiezer,hoping to find something used .or may go it ourselves with some plans on building one for starters..
thanks again' seeya around

Latest posts

Back