2005 JMS gooseneck grapple traler for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooky64

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
2005 JMS gooseneck grapple trailer for sale picture attached

Last year I bought a triaxle grapple trailer with a 17' boom and able to lift 2,000 lbs half extended from Bailey's. The trailer works great and I was using it to pick up wood for my chainsaw carving business from arborists in the area. My hope was that I could save the arborists all the trouble of removing the logs from the sites and get paid by people that wanted the wood. to my suprise I found the people that would pay for the wood, but not enough arborists to part with the wood. If I was an arborist this would be an excellent tool, but I'm not and that is just too expensive of a tool not to be using every day as an arborist would. Paid $25,000.00 one year ago and now asking $21,000.00 or best offer. NEW PRICE ON GRAPPLE! $18,000.00 call 262-470-1397

View attachment 46976

Last edited:
i have a jms grapple 14ft, with 1400lbs, the only thing i find that i should have had 20,000 pounds axle i busted both of my axle had to change then when the tires are finish i will change them,with the axle for 20.000lbs

I am not at all familiar with that trailer, but, it sounds like something I have been looking for.
Could you send me more detailed info., photos, and your price on this trailer.
Thanks
[email protected]

extra axle

Duffer the 20,000 lbs trailer is actually a tri axle. Not sure if you knew that. Mowingman I have sent you a e-mail with pictures of the trailer and how to contact me if interested.

more info for everyone

Trailer is a 2005 gooseneck tri axle 20,000 lbs capacity grapple trailer. It has about 40 hours on it. 11 horse honda engine, 360 degree grapple that opens to 48 inches. The hydraulic pump is a 5.5 GPM with a 5 gallon tank. It also has 4, 3" wide clog straps attached to the trailer with a prybar for tightening. Electric brakes on all 3 axles. The bed on the trailer is 85" x 15'6", which you can easily load 3-4 cord of wood on depending how straight the logs are.

Last edited:
when i had by axle repair the axle dealer said that i can replace the axle with two 10,000lbs axle. for a total of 20,000 capacity after market parts. The dealer is not far from here GMS, is about 3 hours from my place, in QUEBEC. that is the only mistake i feel i made when i bought the trailer. the boom i have is the same lift capacity, as yours 2000 at half extention, but my boom is only 15.6 feet

Last edited:
okietreedude I am having trouble with my computer, but I was able to e-mail you pictures and prices. Duffer I think you will like having the ability to haul the extra weight. These trailers really work great for tree removal. I would love to keep mine, but that is not a big enough part of my business. Chainsaw carving is my business, I sure will miss using it to pick up wood, but it makes me no money. For an arborist it would be a very profitable tool and a back saver. From reading your posts you sure like yours

Come on you can pick up larger logs than that.:biggrinbounce2: ;)

I like it. How does your 2500(?) pull it, loaded?

Where are these JMS trailers built? Do they have a website?
The only website I found was one that showed trailers you tow with an ATV.

I can lift 14 foot long piece of wood the length of my trailer. Next to the trailer 3000 lbs at half extention about 2000 lbs i have no problem pulling the trailer with my truck. The reason why the wood is so short we had to dolly them out of the back yard. we just bought a vermeer s600 skid steer to help carry the wood out bigger

Last edited:
I can lift 14 foot long pice of wood the length of my trailer. Next to the trailer 3000 lbs at half extention about 2000 lbs i have no problem pulling the trailer with my truck. The reason why the wood is so short we had to dolly them out of the back yard. we just bought a vermeer s600 skid steer to help carry the wood out bigger

I hate when that happens. How do you like the vermeer so far??

I Don't Know I Just Got It , But I Will Let You Know.I have lifted some pretty big piece of wood but i really question if i can lift a piece of wood that weight 3000 lbs

Last edited:
lifting capability

I don't know about duffer's trailer, but I have picked up a 36" red oak that was 10 foot long without a problem. If you get a log you can't lift, you can just lift it one end at a time. Pick one end up get it on the trailer and then pick up the other end and slide it into place. It is amazing how much weight you can lift for the size of the unit. The trailer I am selling is bigger than duffers, but I would agree with the 3,000 lbs lifting capacity. When you try to lift something that is too heavy it is obvious, it will try to tip the whole trailer.

Last edited:
do either of you guys have any pics of picking up some big trunk wood?

Let me see if I can post some pics tomorrow of the load of oak and pine logs I brought home today. I have the 5 ton capacity trailer with the same loader as wooky I suspect. I forget what the lift capacity is supposed to be.

I don't have any pictures now but i will get some and post them at a later date. The grapples are all the same in this size as far as lift capacity. when you go to the 20 foot and bigger the capacity changes . HERE IS THE DEALER that i deal with his name is Doug he is a pretty good guy I bought my grapple from him if you have any question he can answer them all:laugh:
[email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back