Question Re: File N Joint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraDriver

Reaction score
First I want to thank all the folks here....Excellent site for help and info.

I have a Husky 350 with 18" bar with the H30/95vp blade I am using for this tornado that hit a couple weeks ago in Enterprise, Alabama. We have ALOT of clearing yet to do so I need this thing real bad.

Due to all of your opinions I just got my Granberg from Baileys. My biggest question is the 2 front Chain clamps (item 13), do they go on the blade or on the bar?

If on the blade, exactly where? At the rivets half way up as I have read, above them as it appears in the included instructions or on the bar as I thought?

Also, the instructions came wrapped with a rubberband and an extra "Key/wing nut". Whats that for?

Thanx again and be safe

Cobra Driver

Trying to help

I'm no expert, but I set mine about 1/2 way up the rivets. Once you do it a couple of times you will find it pretty easy to use. You don't wan't to get it so high that the file rubs on it. Another bit of free advise is you will find it much easier to use if you keep the slide lubricated.

Sorry, can't help you with the extra wing nut.

My instructions say to clamp them over the rivets, and that's what I do. Essentially, those clamps ride on the rivets. The wing nut is the bar clamp screw. The 1st photo shows it as a knurled knob.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back