cylinder & piston set for Husqvarna 394xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
anybody know of a place on-line that has a reasonably priced aftermarket cylinder, piston & rings in standard size for a Husky 394xp?

thanks

thanks for your reply, I did search the net and ebay but $319.99 is way more than I want too pay plus I don't care too much for the guy who is selling that set.

thanks

if your cylinder is usable, put a new piston and rings in there and let her rip.

could be alot worse ouch.
Cylinder 503460071 Part# 503460071
Our Price: $363.69

Piston 503460202 Part# 503460202
Our Price: $119.77

Ring 503289024 (x2) Part# 503289024
Our Price: $9.58

Last edited:
i'll have too get it pulled apart and see if it is, i know it will need rings, it has a lot of hours on it.

it may be getting time too buy that 3120 i've been keeping my eye on.........

that ebay 395 also says this for a 394xp.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS FOR A HUSKY 394XP YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL PARTS TO CONVERT THAT MODEL. so you better check with the guys in the know.

that ebay 395 also says this for a 394xp.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS FOR A HUSKY 394XP YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL PARTS TO CONVERT THAT MODEL. so you better check with the guys in the know.
I'll be making darn sure I can convert it before I make the purchase, I emailed the guy asking what other "parts" I'll need.

pic of cylinder & piston
can't do any pics yet, I have not taken the saw apart yet and it will most likely be a couple weeks before I do.

I'll be making darn sure I can convert it before I make the purchase, I emailed the guy asking what other "parts" I'll need.

can't do any pics yet, I have not taken the saw apart yet and it will most likely be a couple weeks before I do.

Man I would take it apart and see what i needed first, might just need a piston and rings. What did it do and then figure out what caused it to do whatever it did?

What did it do and then figure out what caused it to do whatever it did?
it is just getting old and tired, it's not as strong as it used too be and some times can be a pain too start with the compression release button in or out so I figured if I could do the whole top end for a decent price and get a little more time out of it I would do it.

it is just getting old and tired, it's not as strong as it used too be and some times can be a pain too start with the compression release button in or out so I figured if I could do the whole top end for a decent price and get a little more time out of it I would do it.

Man it just might need re-ringed, do a compression check and look in the exhaust hole and plug hole and see what you got.
$12 bucks for rings and $5 for a cly gasket if you are so lucky, so think lucky.

if I just put rings in would I need too hone the cylinder or does that depend on how it looks, I'm use too just replacing the whole top end due too unmixed gas issues, had it happen many times when I was a GF for Davey Tree, never really re-ringed one.

The 395 uses a different intake if you're going to go that route. So in addition to the cylinder and piston, you'd need the intake boot, clamp, collar, and flange. The 395 cylinder does have better transfers than the 394 and if modded right can get a bit more snap.

You can probably salvage the 394 cylinder with some emery cloth and solvent or cutting oil. 10 minutes of hand sanding will remove a lot of galling and aluminum residue. Also get a wire brush attachment for die grinder if you have one and clean all of the carbon out of the combustion chamber area. Also remove all the carbon from the exhaust port. Scrape the bulk of it out with an old pocketknife and then finish it with sandpaper or emery cloth wrapped around a stick, screwdriver, or rolled up.

Rftreeman said:
well, did some more looking and according to this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/CYLINDER-PISTON-...QQcmdZViewItem this will work with my 394xp.

thanks for the help.

That's not a 395 cylinder and piston. It's for Jonsered 2094/2095 and is not compatible with your 394, unless you want to do a lot of work and buy quite a few more parts.

The 395 uses a different intake if you're going to go that route. So in addition to the cylinder and piston, you'd need the intake boot, clamp, collar, and flange. The 395 cylinder does have better transfers than the 394 and if modded right can get a bit more snap.

You can probably salvage the 394 cylinder with some emery cloth and solvent or cutting oil. 10 minutes of hand sanding will remove a lot of galling and aluminum residue. Also get a wire brush attachment for die grinder if you have one and clean all of the carbon out of the combustion chamber area. Also remove all the carbon from the exhaust port. Scrape the bulk of it out with an old pocketknife and then finish it with sandpaper or emery cloth wrapped around a stick, screwdriver, or rolled up.
I'm aware of the extra parts so I think I'll get it apart and see if the cylinder is usable, it probably is, the saw just started giving the problems I spoke of in my previous post.

thanks for all the input on this subject, it has been very helpful...

That's not a 395 cylinder and piston. It's for Jonsered 2094/2095 and is not compatible with your 394, unless you want to do a lot of work and buy quite a few more parts.
that may be a error in the listing, if I go that route I'll be sure and ask before I buy, thanks for bringing that up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back