modded 066 BB w/ velocity stack pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sILlogger

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
well here are the pics that a new of you have wanted to see. this is my 066 BB w/velocity stack, K&N airfilter. modded my Dave Neiger. I have a home made prefilter over the airfilter to try to block out some of the dust. guess what it is made out of?? I ran it all day saturday and it seems to run pretty strong.
chainsawpics001.jpg

chainsawpics002.jpg

chainsawpics003.jpg

chainsawpics004.jpg

And here are a few pics of the 066BB and my 3 1/2 month old 660. about half the herd. hope u guys enjoy
chainsawpics005.jpg

chainsawpics006.jpg

chainsawpics007.jpg

sILlogger

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
LOL I won't argue with you on that one. I bet you felt silly running into walmart to buy pantyhose.

Naa....i actually managed to have them in the house somewhere??????don't remember the story behind them or how they got here...but they did look as though they had been taken off w/o alot of care and in a hurry!?!?!?!? who knows??:monkey:hope she aint looking for them!!

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
OK then,,,

yea...u are right...pantyhose....must have seen of few of them in your day.;) :cheers: to hell with having a wife...im not ready for one of them yet...

uhhh just curious,,, since you dont have a wife,,,,, what are you doing with Panty Hose??????? :monkey: :help: :sucks:

LOL!!!!

nice saw,,,, and how does it stack up againtst the stock 660 btw!!!!!

Last edited:
husq2100

husq2100

Addicted to ArboristSite
from what i know k&n filters are ????...... yes they will flow more air but at the cost of filtration.... and i don't think sawing is the cleanest enviroment.

there was a big wright up on a 4x4 forum that i go on (outerlimits4x4) one of the guys on there is a engineer and worked for one of the big filter companies... he always wanted more air flow and looked into k&n and similar types... a fomula 1 team had 2 major engine failers due to bad filtration and they were running k&n.

just looking out for your saws insides mate
cheers, serg

SRT-Tech

SRT-Tech

ArboristSite Guru
^ +1 K&N are brutal for allowing crap inside the engine....you would get less damage throwing a handfull of sand down the intake of your truck than using a K&N...

joesawer

joesawer

Addicted to ArboristSite
K&N made filters for Stihl for a while.
We and virtually every one else run a K&N filter on a super late model dirt track race car. An extremely harsh and dirty environment. Yes there is some dirt damage, but much less than with any other filter we have tried. We tried a lot, it is a $40,000 engine that we are trying to protect. The trick is to keep it well oiled and don't believe that it will last for ever. Check it after every cleaning by holding it to a bright light and look through it, if any light shows, throw it away and get another.

ScottWojo

ScottWojo

ArboristSite Guru
If you feel the need for more exhaust, you have pleanty of room to put another pipe into the front muffler cover. Or you could just buy one already made from me. Loads of guys with modded saws are going with a "triple" ported saw.
What kind of wood are you cutting with those bad boys?

sILlogger

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
sorry bout that RR2... not ignoring you..never would. you have too good of info to ignore you!!:cheers: the saw does outperform the 660..the 066BB makes the bulk of its power in the upper 1/3 of the rpms....u keep it up in the powerband and it will really pull. it doesn't do bad down low it just really comes to life when u hit the upper 1/3.. actually having a bit of carb problems with the saw...nothing that dave did...he did great work on this saw!! it is just acting up a tad..ive talked to him about it and he is going out of his way to get it lined out...and we will get it going properly right away!! btw i ran the saw to start with with a 8 tooth and it pulled it real well..but i jumped back down to a 7(what i run on all my saws) and it will really pull it...when i get the chance im gonna put the tach on it while it is in the cut..i know it it pulling strong

If you feel the need for more exhaust, you have pleanty of room to put another pipe into the front muffler cover. Or you could just buy one already made from me. Loads of guys with modded saws are going with a "triple" ported saw.
What kind of wood are you cutting with those bad boys?

yea i haven't gotten that far not gonna lie. just curious,, what u charge for your covers??i typically use the factory dp covers on my saws.. as for the type of wood i cut. it is exclusively hardwood (alot of big red and white oak, hickory, beach, ash, poplar, hard maple, and a bit of river birch and soft maple-usually pretty decent sized stuff. 066/660 (24")is my big saws, that i run almost exclusively and 460/046BB (20") is my small ones that i use for bucking up logs.

i ordered some of the foam grean weenie airfilters(5) from madsens today and im gonna alternate between them and the K&N airfilter

ScottWojo

ScottWojo

ArboristSite Guru
I have them listed on eBay for your saw at $65. However, I have been asked for special ones with huge pipes on them specifically for Racing Saws like the ones Cut4fun got for his 084 and 066. It really is a nice part that really enhances the performance, and more improtantly, its appearance. The majority of my buyers are using them for work such as milling.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

Mad Professor
I have them listed on eBay for your saw at $65. However, I have been asked for special ones with huge pipes on them specifically for Racing Saws like the ones Cut4fun got for his 084 and 066. It really is a nice part that really enhances the performance, and more improtantly, its appearance. The majority of my buyers are using them for work such as milling.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

Scott I looked into the ebay listing, do you have a picture of the muffler? Also whay other saws do you make them for? I'd interested in one for my 028, 036, 038, and 066