5 Foot Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
found a 5 Foot bar for a stihl 088:jawdrop: wondering if any one uses this size bar for milling :chainsaw: does anybody milling big logs want a bar this long:clap: this thing is heavy any is really over kill for tree falling uses:)

Sometimes you do need a long bar...

attachment.php

this one is 47", I haven't needed the 59" bar, yet!

Wish I could find another big tree to cut, though...

found a 5 Foot bar for a stihl 088:jawdrop: wondering if any one uses this size bar for milling :chainsaw: does anybody milling big logs want a bar this long:clap: this thing is heavy any is really over kill for tree falling uses:)

Overkill? not around here! Cedar... Cottonwood...

Is it a sprocket tip or roller? What do you want for it? I could use a bar for my other 090.

i have a 5 ft bar for m 084 it can not handle it tom trees

That's because it's stock, right? My 3120 was underwhelming till I had it fully woods modded. Easily 40-50% faster, and hard to slow down in softwoods with its normal 42" bar. Pulls the 60 incher with ease, which is seldom needed.

That's because it's stock, right? My 3120 was underwhelming till I had it fully woods modded. Easily 40-50% faster, and hard to slow down in softwoods with its normal 42" bar. Pulls the 60 incher with ease, which is seldom needed.

50%????????? Time to put your money where the mouth is ;)

Bring that sucker, and the piped Dolmar etc to the Washington GTG...

For those of you that don't know Rodger, he's underwhelmed by any and all stock saws:greenchainsaw: I particularly like the look on his face when I hand him back a fixed "stocker".;)

50%????????? Time to put your money where the mouth is ;)

Bring that sucker, and the piped Dolmar etc to the Washington GTG...

For those of you that don't know Rodger, he's underwhelmed by any and all stock saws:greenchainsaw: I particularly like the look on his face when I hand him back a fixed "stocker".;)

We'll see....isn't that early May..../

That 3120 was a dog stock. Way way faster modded.

ehp has posted a slew of videos of numerous saws, showing cut time reductions of 35-60%. I've tested a few of mine, such as that 346....it was about 20% faster with a ported muffler, and way faster when I got it back from Ed...at least 40% better than stock. Gains on the 372's are large, less on Dolmar's...... that said, stock, the 5100 and 7900 are far from underwhelming!!!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1764106#post1764106 a video from Stevens today....

I say the stock 5100 is unwhelming.. :popcorn: so bring your saws and we'll sort it all out.

Hey.. you don't even have a stock 5100!

Stevens: I hate you. Cindy has knee surgery tomorrow... stopped our skiing dead...

Oh, yeah. She told me so when I called a few days ago and you wuz AWOL...

I know it's a relatively simple procedure, but wish her well for me.

My knee was really hurting yesterday. Reckon I oughta have it checked out....just pain under the kneecap....but no fun at all.

I have a video comparing the 2 5100's, when the one was new. It was pretty darned fast, and not much faster when I put on that triple ported muffler, the one that you made better. Next, I'll have you fix the 346 muffler.

Back