Jonsy 2139T, the new KING of the climb saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
At least for this test, which was imperfect...old chain on the 200T which was hanging up....but safety chain on the 2139 which isn't fully broken in yet. First cuts stock, next with a dual port muffler...200T has the screen removed. 192T ported by Ed Heard.

Someday, if I find some time, I'll do another test with the same chain on all saws.

Eat your hearts out, all you chainsaw nerds who think the 200T is the only game in town...

Well, I've always known that to be wrong. This muffler is the same one that was fully responsible for making my now retired little old 335 way faster than a 200....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Nice cutting Johnny you have there...but having the same chain and bar length is the only way to really tell whats the fastest saw is. I just removed the screen on the 200t at work, seemed to really wake it up. The climbers at my work use either a 020avp, ms260, or 460. I am gonna see if I can coax them back to using the 200t. I have owned a couple of 020t, and have always like the way they run, would be interesting to try out the hated 335....

Nice cutting Johnny you have there...but having the same chain and bar length is the only way to really tell whats the fastest saw is. I just removed the screen on the 200t at work, seemed to really wake it up. The climbers at my work use either a 020avp, ms260, or 460. I am gonna see if I can coax them back to using the 200t. I have owned a couple of 020t, and have always like the way they run, would be interesting to try out the hated 335....

bar and chain smar and chain. me eyes and ears told the strongest saw.

:clap:

Update. I still haven't compared the saws with the same chain. But I know the 2139 has more torque and will outcut the 200T.

My latest comparison was with a different chain on the 200, non safety, and half used cutters, well sharpened. Definitely faster than a new chain. It beat the 2139 by .1 with 6.5 second cuts. This 200 is low hours, screen removed. The 2139 has safety chain and may not yet be fully broken in.

I'll not be buying anymore 200T's, at least new ones, that's for sure.

Update. I still haven't compared the saws with the same chain. But I know the 2139 has more torque and will outcut the 200T.

My latest comparison was with a different chain on the 200, non safety, and half used cutters, well sharpened. Definitely faster than a new chain. It beat the 2139 by .1 with 6.5 second cuts. This 200 is low hours, screen removed. The 2139 has safety chain and may not yet be fully broken in.

I'll not be buying anymore 200T's, at least new ones, that's for sure.

Looks like Andy will be repairing more Jreds in the future.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Poor Andy....

Eat your hearts out, all you chainsaw nerds who think the 200T is the only game in town...

But I know the 2139 has more torque and will outcut the 200T.

Even stock, the Jonny is ever ever ever ever so slightly lighter, and depending on which rounded measurement you use (kw or hp), almost 10% more powerful. Basically you're getting an extra 4 CCs with no weight penalty.

But you'll never convince the Stihlheads... :D

Even stock, the Jonny is ever ever ever ever so slightly lighter, and depending on which rounded measurement you use (kw or hp), almost 10% more powerful. Basically you're getting an extra 4 CCs with no weight penalty.

But you'll never convince the Stihlheads... :D

he he. That Jonny looks nice. One thing about the 200T though. Its been a proven winner, and so many people I think will be loyal to it, since it has serve them so well. The tree guys I know, and I work on their saws for them, thats all they will run is the 200T's. They've had huskies in the past and hated them. We don't have any Jonny dealers locally that I know of. All their ground saws are Huskies though, 395's, 575, 365's. All the bad press about the 575's, and they love that saw. I told them they should get a 372 before they are gone.

he he. That Jonny looks nice. One thing about the 200T though. Its been a proven winner, and so many people I think will be loyal to it, since it has serve them so well. The tree guys I know, and I work on their saws for them, thats all they will run is the 200T's. They've had huskies in the past and hated them. We don't have any Jonny dealers locally that I know of. All their ground saws are Huskies though, 395's, 575, 365's. All the bad press about the 575's, and they love that saw. I told them they should get a 372 before they are gone.

Ditto with the tree crews around here. They invariably have a 200T in the bucket or on the rope, and they're running Jred/Husky on the ground. Can't remember the last time I saw a tree crew running Stihl on the ground. But they've pretty much all got 'em in the air.

Ditto with the tree crews around here. They invariably have a 200T in the bucket or on the rope, and they're running Jred/Husky on the ground. Can't remember the last time I saw a tree crew running Stihl on the ground. But they've pretty much all got 'em in the air.

In my area its Stihl in bucket and Stihl on the ground.........Husky/Jred support sucks after the biggest Husky/Jred dealer in the area kicked them to the curb in 2001 ......

No video today, till I replace my two small digicams that were stolen, when we carelessly drove off and left them on a jobsite Thursday..along with my new wedge pounding axe.

But here's another update!!! I now like the 335 Cali---who knows if it will be more consistent than the last one was.

copied this over from another bored......

As I've said, I've never liked the earlier 335 Cali that I have. but I had still bought another one several years ago. It probably isn't even broken in, dunno how many tanks through it, 5 or so?

Anyhow, I put the ported muffler on it, and compared it to the 2139. Time was about the same. Then I switched bar/chains. The 2139 now has a 16 inch bar with new Stihl pro chain, filed sharp. The 335 Cali has the 14 inch with filed Oregon safety chain..both with the depth gauges down a bit. The cali cut a 15.5, the 2139 a 17.0!!! Hurray, another 200T killer saw! I'll have to wait to test the 200T on the same wood, as it is on the truck which I rented to a fella who works for someone else, and me rarely.

The 14 inch bar is only 1.5 inches shorter than the 16, fwiw.....tells ya that safety chain isn't all that slow!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back