First you see 'em, and now you don't!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
OK, here is a day's job dropping a grove of redwoods to release a stunning view of the ocean here in northern Califirnia. These were removed with my trusty 361 "Homeowner Special" chainsaw.

Before:

attachment.php

And after:

attachment.php

I like the after shot much much more then the before..

Fog threrw me off at 1st.

Great view

Wife saw picture and said: That's beautiful, what's that? Nice job.

Its the Pacific ocean, overlooking Anchor Bay, CA. Anchor Bay is about where the trees were and the new notch in the coast/trees is at the bottom of the photo. We can now see the humpback whales from here breaching and spouting. They are feeding here this time of year.

As for the fog in the first shot, that was a combination of fog and smoke from the fires when I was here last month.

Another update: the reason stated why the previous owner left the stand of redwoods there... he said that when it was foggy, he wanted something to look at. I suppose the effect of the first photo is exemplarary of that effect. However, the obstruction by the grove to the ocean view was huge.

The new owners (old friends of mine) are thrilled to have them gone, and they are plying me with food and beer and a place to stay through the end of the month. We measured the tallest on on the ground, it was 105 feet. There were 21 trees in the grove. They are going to mill the wood for raised beds in a large garden area behind the house.

More full ocean view shots to follow.

These are the shots from their main house. They have a nice million dollar view of the ocean now.

The left view overlooking where the the old redwood grove was (you can see them felled on the ground)

attachment.php

The right is as it was before, still nice though. I cannot get one shot of the whole view, even with a 18-200 zoon lens, it is that wide.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back