Stihl 031AV- trigger module mounting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callbt

Reaction score
Hello,
I have acquired an unassembled 031AV. All seems in order, but I need to determine where to mount the electronic ignition module- 1" square with a single mounting hole. None of the manuals I can find say where this part is to be mounted. A picture would be great if someone can assist.

I'm afraid to bend the tab much for fear of damaging the internal electonics.

There appears to be some room for this to fit on one of the coil mounting screws, but I can't get the cover on in any of the 4 orientations.

I do know I can't mount it to the air box since it needs to be grounded to achieve spark ( which is does have if I leave the cover off and mount the trigger on the coil while spinning the fly wheel nut with a drill/socket arrangement).

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Brian

I believe Stihl still offers the little mounting bracket (1113 405 1901) for mounting it on the coil. I've also got one rigged with a longer coil screw and a bunch of washers. Not elegant, but functional.

I don't have a saw handy to snap a pic, but I could take one this weekend if you still need it. Or get the IPL which shows a diagram. Electronic copies are floating around - check the "Beg for manuals" thread.

trigger module bracket

Thank you..
I'll find a longer screw and some small washers or a spacer , this should get the module into the "free space" next to the coil and housing.

Cheerz,
Brian

funny i just got a 031 and i couldent find a condensor anywhere so i picked a random one with a wire and made a bracket to mount it on top of the coil. i will snap a pic if i can, again not elegant but funtional.

i was told at my dealer that they couldent get anything in for mine so neccesity became the mother of my invention

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back