New Pacific Energy insert installed <pics>

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My parents had a new insert installed today, been on the waiting list for about 4 weeks. Their current insert was about 25+ years old, but the main reason was he needed to sleeve his flue, the tile was getting old and cracked and leaking. Found a local dealer that suggested the Pacific Energy brand, so decided to get it all done together, new stainless chimney, cap, and insert. My parents are retired and just like to offset the propane heat with a little wood. They love the glass door <view>, the old insert had two solid doors.

Thanks to A. Stanton and some others here at AS for taking time to reply to my PMs and help us with our decision.

Here are some pics:

DSC_6809_1.jpg

DSC_6832_2.jpg

DSC_6840_3.jpg

DSC_6829_4.jpg

DSC_6844_5.jpg

Nice stove; and thanks for the kind words. I'll chime in with a pic of my Pacific Energy, it's burning now. Haven't turned my furnance on yet--being a piker.

heard really good things about pacific engergy stuff, i wanted a insert, but my fire box was to small to allow one to fit well, so I got a free standing. I am trying to get my old man to get one of these though

Just a followup, got a call from my dad this morning, low 40s outside, and it was 81 upstairs, and 90 in the downstairs living room where the wood insert is. He said he closed the damper as low as it would allow before he headed to bed lastnight. Although the fire was out this morning, there were still plenty of coals for him to throw on some light kindling and get it started easily... He just was not sure how big of fire he wants to get going today, 50s outside.

upper 30's here , got mine going and got some bacon cooking in the kitchen , ain't life grand:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back