14" 3/8 picco on an MS260?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bermie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've got some Pepper bashing to do next week, anyone from Florida will know what I mean!

I was thinking about switching the 14" bar with picco chain from my 021 to my 260, sometimes I need the extra grunt to get through the fatter logs but I don't need the longer bar or the larger chain for this stuff, less weight overall too, what you think?

For those of you who don't know Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) is NASTY, it's relatively small (18/20" would be BIG) multiple stems usually 4-8" thick, branches are long drooping, spiral grain, springpoles, twisted and interlocking. You can't fell them you have to cut round the edges then dismantle the puzzle piece by piece, they slap you, poke you in the eyes, ears, up your nose and goose you when you're not looking!
You can't swing a big saw, you stumble, trip and curse, so mobility is crucial.

Luckily I'm just cutting, there are a load of bank employees coming to do the pulling! Oh they have no idea!

oh.....I dunno....but I did use my 066 with 25" for cutting :censored: multiflora :censored: rose!:givebeer:

You can buy a Stihl 16" Picco Bar for your 260......I have 4 of them
and 2 NOS 20" Picco bars.

I like them on 026/260, I also use them on 066 for milling.

you can easily get a 3/8 picco rim sprocket for the 026.. Finding a picco bar in 3003 mount may be harder -the smallest being 16 inch.

If you want 325, you can fit a 325 rim. 325 3003 bars are common, 16 inch being the smallest.

Thanks chaps...
I'll have a look at them tomorrow, if it won't work with what I've got...well might have to buy some new stuff, there, an excuse to buy new stuff!

nice stuff, ehh???

The family Anacardiaceae contains poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, and Schinus terebinthifolius, or Brazilian pepper-tree. People sensitive to poison ivy, oak or sumac may also be allergic to Brazilian pepper tree because it also has the potential to cause dermatitis to those with sensitive skin. Some people have also expressed respiratory problems associated with the bloom period of pepper tree.

you can easily get a 3/8 picco rim sprocket for the 026.. Finding a picco bar in 3003 mount may be harder -the smallest being 16 inch.

If you want 325, you can fit a 325 rim. 325 3003 bars are common, 16 inch being the smallest.

I have ordered the 3003 16" Picco bar's from dealer three diff times.
Never had any trouble getting them. As far as I know, Stihl only makes
the 3003 Picco mount in 16" now.

They make it in 18 and 20 also... Not all Stihl branches in the USA make them available though.

EDIT: 325, not picco... that's just 16 inch (from Stihl). - For longer, I bet you can take a picco nose sprocket (spare part for a 16 inch) and put it in any "similar" 3003 mount bar

Last edited:
The family Anacardiaceae contains poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, and Schinus terebinthifolius, or Brazilian pepper-tree. People sensitive to poison ivy, oak or sumac may also be allergic to Brazilian pepper tree because it also has the potential to cause dermatitis to those with sensitive skin. Some people have also expressed respiratory problems associated with the bloom period of pepper tree.

attachment.php

attachment.php

066, 026 with 16" Picco bars and one of the 20" Bars.

16"........... 3003 00 6313
NLA 20"..... 3003 00 6312

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back