Marvel Mystery Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnchbrkr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
http://www.turtlewax.com/res/msds/MM010-4.pdf

Enjoyed the thread on Sea Foam so I figured might as well throw Mystery Oil MSDS up for discussion.

Sea Foam seems to of cured an Injector Problem on Wifes Car. $6 a can but have seen cheaper at????Kmart or WalMart.

Mystery Oil goes in Oil & Gas for the last few years, not every time but enough. 175M miles on both vehicles.

Suppose to clean up deposits in Engine Oil and Fuel system....:dizzy:

the Mystery Oil is basically an ATF. Yes, it does clean the engine due to high content of detergents. I don't know if it works on the chainsaw though.

Its time proven and has a good reputation around here. Back about 1980 I worked part time at a bike shop. The owner highly recomended using it in the Harley's of that day. I keep some around and add it to gas once in a while in the older vehicles or whatever I think could use some extra lubrication.

I do not know how long that stuff has been around my my dad who is retired use,s that stuff on everything he own,s and i,m not kidding and he uses this other stuff called LUCAS oil additive I might have spelled it wrong it has always,s help and he is old -old school it must do something because if my dad buy,s it it has to be worth something he will not break-out is wallet for nothing a specially now of days that thing our really slow .:jawdrop: :

MMO in 2-strokes

I have used MMO in my cars and 4-strokes to clean carbon deposits out. After tearn down does a AMAZING job on cleaning upper cly. deposits. Anyoen added it to there mix to see how it does in two strokes?:confused: Turtle wax web site says OK to use ain outbaord and inboard Marine engines, outboards are usualy 2-strokes.

treeslinger said to put it on the aluminum your grinding and the carbide burs wont load up

yes it does or so i think it does. ever other tank in my dodge i put half a quart of mmo and half a quart of powerservice. read on dodge forum that this mixture will keep the fuel pump lubed and injectors clean. seems to be working or maybe it just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.........:givebeer:

I use a wax ring for a toilet to lube my carbide burrs when doing aluminium.:)

Are you instigating?????

Don't you know these Marvel Mystery
kookes are worse than the AMSOIL/kLOTZ ONES....

They will camped in your front yard for years............

Last edited:
Coil Pack

http://www.turtlewax.com/res/msds/MM010-4.pdf

Enjoyed the thread on Sea Foam so I figured might as well throw Mystery Oil MSDS up for discussion.

Sea Foam seems to of cured an Injector Problem on Wifes Car. $6 a can but have seen cheaper at????Kmart or WalMart.

Mystery Oil goes in Oil & Gas for the last few years, not every time but enough. 175M miles on both vehicles.

Suppose to clean up deposits in Engine Oil and Fuel system....:dizzy:

Missfiring and Engine Code #3 cylinder, turned out to be a bad Coil Pack.

Auto Zone part and running smoooooth again.

yes it does or so i think it does. ever other tank in my dodge i put half a quart of mmo and half a quart of powerservice. read on dodge forum that this mixture will keep the fuel pump lubed and injectors clean. seems to be working or maybe it just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.........:givebeer:

just use B5 or B20 diesel - you will have nooooooooo issues with diesel engine, injectors, lift pumps, fuel pumps, etc. top cyl. will be cleannnnnnnnnn! Much better than MMO or power service..

ps: thats biodiesel 5% or 20% at any fleet gas station that carries it.. or just get some b100% and put a few gallons in every tank or so. I have a few 5 gallon race jugs with B100 in them.. put 3 - 5 gallons in every tank of diesel if I did not fill up at a Pilot Fleet station that has B5%..

forget all the other aftermarket additive crap...

I torn down a 375hp 396 chevy engine out of a vehicle my dad bought new in fall of 1970 with my sons this last weekend. It had sit in the barn since 96 when he died, my mother wouldn't let anyone touch it until now. I was afraid it would be froze up, I pulled the plugs a couple of weeks before tear down and filled the cylinders with MMO. Tore it down, engine rotated freely, cylinders clean as a whistle. He used a product called Wynn's Friction Proofing every oil change at 3000 miles. The motor had 275k on it and didn't use a drop of oil before he passed, never had a wrench on it, except oil changes.
The main and rod bearings as well as the cam bearings looked like new.
Some gearheads that came over couldn't believe the shape of the internals, they looked like new. Dad always used Q-State 10-40 in it. It just proves regular service pays off whether it's a saw or vehicle.

Are you instigating?????

Don't you know these Marvel Mystery
kookes are worse than the AMSOIL/kLOTZ ONES....

They will camped in your front yard for years............

I thought about throwing a grenade and telling the MM crowd Seafoam rules, but these brand threads can get out of hand:blob2::)

Back