Marvel Mystery Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I had a 67 Impala that had a Marvel Mystery oiler inverse oiler mounted under the hood. It basically was a small reservoir of MMO that got fed into the engine as you drove along. You see the inverse oilers on ebay occasionally. Great car. Had a 3sp column shifter and a bored out 350. Car would pass anything but a gas station. Miss them column shifters.

I thought about throwing a grenade and telling the MM crowd Seafoam rules, but these brand threads can get out of hand:blob2::)

Yes they can, I will be here to pee on the fire.................

or is it "parade???"

Nothing personal................

A war could pop up out of that 10w40 Quaker State endorsement. On a lawn mower forum I made a lot of enemies by telling a poster to never use 10w40
in his lawn mower................

just use B5 or B20 diesel - you will have nooooooooo issues with diesel engine, injectors, lift pumps, fuel pumps, etc. top cyl. will be cleannnnnnnnnn! Much better than MMO or power service..

ps: thats biodiesel 5% or 20% at any fleet gas station that carries it.. or just get some b100% and put a few gallons in every tank or so. I have a few 5 gallon race jugs with B100 in them.. put 3 - 5 gallons in every tank of diesel if I did not fill up at a Pilot Fleet station that has B5%..

forget all the other aftermarket additive crap...

I put a million miles on a Freightliner with a 335 cummins by using MO.
And on several new diesel pickups later on.

Don't tell me it is no good.

As far as the sea foam type stuff goes, sea foam is ok but if you want the strongest and the best at getting rid of carbon etc the stuff you want is
4 POWER its sold by conklin not sure if I spelled that right.
I use it in my saws about once a yr and my vehicles.
Guaranteed it works better than sea foam!
Beware though if you put it in a older vehicle it will start running like crap ,
youll have to change plugs, I did it on my old 75 and it started missing so I pulled the plugs they were completely packed around the electrode with chunks of carbon, Dont use more than it says you dont need it!

I'll date myself a little here, but when factory hot rods were king, think the mid sixties to mid seventies, Marvel Mystery Oil was used often for top cylinder lubrication, and great clouds of smoke could be seen from many gas stations on a Friday or Saturday night as all us street racing punks readied our rides for another night of mayhem by applying a dose directly down the carbs..

I love the smell of MMO in the evening.... Smells like..... Victory!

I've got a jug of their 'air tool' oil. I used to put the regular stuff in a couple old 350's back in the day.

Back