spark plug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSEREDFAN6069

Wheeler McDealer
Reaction score
plug is a nice tan colour on the electrode but the outer part is black and seems to be gumming up. any idea's
attachment.php

attachment.php

Making power before the plug is up to heat and shut-down can cause some colors at the side,,,,,,, how she cut?

i let it warm up for a couple minutes then cut. i think the l side may be a touch rich, that may do it but it cuts gr8 pulls like crazy dosen't bog.

does it ever run real rich(load up at idle or something) then lean out to normal?

dosen't seem to it does kinda bog a bit when it isn't fully warmed up, oh i did let it idle alot today as it was cold so that may have did it. i usually shut it off when i'm loading the truck. it idled for about 5 mins str8. but not sure if thats it.

i let it warm up for a couple minutes then cut. i think the l side may be a touch rich, that may do it but it cuts gr8 pulls like crazy dosen't bog.

No way of really telling, the color looks good.

Jumping up a heat range might take a little of the side color away, but might have other issues with a hotter plug in the summer.

Fastest timed cut is really your bottom line best fuel ~ ratio setting.

ya i figured it was from idling. i let it idle for about 8 to 10 mins and the l side is set a tad on the rich side. running good, gonna change the plug and test it tonite after work

my 2 cents . .

the electrode color looks good, a hot enough plug
but maybe the oil ratio is still too low (oil-rich /too much oil not burning) ?

Latest posts

Back