011 manual/ipl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfe76

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I read an thread where someone provided a link to a manual and a parts diagram. I would appreciate someone posting that again. the link in the old post has expired. Thanks

Dibbs, thanks. hose #14 in first diagram, does one end attach to oil pump and other end exit saw just above chain? thanks

I read an thread where someone provided a link to a manual and a parts diagram. I would appreciate someone posting that again. the link in the old post has expired. Thanks

Did you find a shop manual yet?

Dibbs, thanks. hose #14 in first diagram, does one end attach to oil pump and other end exit saw just above chain? thanks

Yes it is the oiler hose, but it terminates in channel behind bar that should line up with the oiler hole in bar. Is your saw not oiling?

thanks for replies. No, I haven't found a manual yet.

yes, my oiler seems to oiling even when saw is sitting and long after it cools off. I "blew" air into oiling port above chain, but not sure that helped at all. I was thinking about taking oiler out and cleaning the filter and pulling the hose, but not sure what to look for since it is "oiling". I just hate having to empty the oil tank each time after I use it. any ideas? thanks

Side note on compression: I haven't checked it with a gauge. It starts fine, but when holding the saw by pull cord it slowly falls. I thought if compression was fine then you should be able to hold saw by pull cord. thanks

thanks for replies. No, I haven't found a manual yet.

yes, my oiler seems to oiling even when saw is sitting and long after it cools off. I "blew" air into oiling port above chain, but not sure that helped at all. I was thinking about taking oiler out and cleaning the filter and pulling the hose, but not sure what to look for since it is "oiling". I just hate having to empty the oil tank each time after I use it. any ideas? thanks

Side note on compression: I haven't checked it with a gauge. It starts fine, but when holding the saw by pull cord it slowly falls. I thought if compression was fine then you should be able to hold saw by pull cord. thanks

PM sent.

The oil resevoir is not releasing pressure after use I believe and forcing out oil to relieve it. There should be a vent/relief valve I think, not entirely sure on that model. The tanks need to be able to relieve pressure from heating(expansion) and cooling(contraction) and they will one way or another. :dizzy:

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will pipe in. It's been awhile since I messed with one of those type of oilers.

The compression check by handle is a rough guide only. Most saws will drop slowly, thump, thump, thump.... If it just drops with little resistance then I'd be concerned.

thanks again. the ipl doesn't show a vent for oil tank...at least not one that I could find. I can't believe this was the way the saw was designed (continue to pump oil after shutdown), but maybe someone knows. I don't remember it pumping oil this badly after shutdown before. but it is definitely coming from the oil "port" above chain...

actually, I think it is coming from the oil tank vent hole....I'm not at the saw now so will look closer when I get home. Where is vent hole in relationship to oil delivery hole? to left? to right? above? below? thanks

I don't have my 012 at my house so I can't look at it for reference. But if the opening you're looking at is above where the chain sits while on the bar, that probably is the vent. The outlet for the oiler is set within a small channel, just above the bar mounting studs and should line up with the hole in the bar that delivers oil to a channel the chain rides in.

edit; OK, upon further investigation in the manual.... the tank vent is located below the oil outlet recessed in a channel between the studs. Page 41 describes the function and has a decent picture. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back