026 differances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and in my opiinion the 026 doesn't even need a decompression valve. It's very easy to pull start. (much easier then my little MS180 that wants to rip my arm from it's socket)

Your right I have an 026 non pro and it starts just fine. I saw a pro on ebay and wondered if they were any bigger. The adjustable oiler would be nice though. I sure like my saw a nice all around size for me

If we're talking 026, NOT 260, there are other differences :

Mentioned : Decomp valve (nice if you're up a tree); Adjustable oiler, but not just adjustable, it ONLY oils when the chain is running. a very big plus is you leave the saw idling a lot.

Other:
Compensating carb, match air filter for carb, different clutch drum (wider mainly to drive the adjustable oiler, but dissipates heat better)

and, I believe the molded plastic handle first came out with the Pro but was on all 026 models after that time.

davefr said:
... and in my opiinion the 026 doesn't even need a decompression valve. It's very easy to pull start. (much easier then my little MS180 that wants to rip my arm from it's socket)

Decomp valves aren't for operator's comfort. They're for wear and tear on teh saw's components. That said, they do make starting easier on the operator. I wish my 200T had one. Like Lakeside said, up a tree, it's nice to have. It's almost easier to start my 361 up a tree than it is my 200.

Jeff

Back