028 av super big bore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercrazy

Reaction score
hi, new to the site
i tried using search but got a no match message so im sorry if this is a re-hash

i recently bought an 028 av super and was wondering if when its time for an overhaul i could bolt on a larger jug and piston without serious mods. IE swap jug and piston and new gaskets. i have a 20" bar on it and have not done any cutting yet (waiting on rim sprocket upgrade from baileys)

BTW i don't plan on having the bar buried alot i just need the extra length for some of the larger wood i cut on occasion. but i was thinking once i use this bar up i will switch to 3/8 .050 bar and chain. seems easier to find and cheaper than than .325 .050 the bar i got was the only one i could find locally but no extra chains!. but i will most likely order online.

sorry for the long post

hi, new to the site
i tried using search but got a no match message so im sorry if this is a re-hash

i recently bought an 028 av super and was wondering if when its time for an overhaul i could bolt on a larger jug and piston without serious mods. IE swap jug and piston and new gaskets. i have a 20" bar on it and have not done any cutting yet (waiting on rim sprocket upgrade from baileys)

BTW i don't plan on having the bar buried alot i just need the extra length for some of the larger wood i cut on occasion. but i was thinking once i use this bar up i will switch to 3/8 .050 bar and chain. seems easier to find and cheaper than than .325 .050 the bar i got was the only one i could find locally but no extra chains!. but i will most likely order online.

sorry for the long post

no other will fit, I have a 028 av super w 20 .325 with muffler mod I like I just that If you want more you need a diffrent saw 026/260/261

I've got an 028wb and I run 3/8 chain and a 20" bar and it pulls it just fine.

Mike

Latest posts

Back